Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Configuring wireless cards for Linux.

Hi,
Is anyone familiar with configuring 802.11 wireless ethernet card on linux. I am trying to install the orinoco gold 802.11 11 mbps card on a red hat 7.2 os. I have compiled the 2.4.18 kernel and am using the pcmcia 3.1.33 package. I was able to compile the orinoco drivers also. The system detects the card when i plug it in to my PCi adaptor as it gives out a blip like on the windows boxes.
I would like to know the steps to be taken next to configure the card and also if possible to put it in promiscous mode. Also is there a way to get info on the firmware the card is currently running. Please do pass on any awnsers to these questions you may have.

thanks in advance.

Sumanth.

Comments

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_______ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about < Java, Delphi, Go, Assembly, PHP, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, JavaScript, Python, PL/SQL, Swift, C#, Ruby, R, C, Visual Basic, Scratch, MATLAB, Objective-C, C++ Scheme, COBOL, Prolog, F#, Erlang, Kotlin, Crystal, ML, Lua, Rust, LabVIEW, Scala, Dart, Awk, Logo, ABAP, Apex, D, Transact-SQL, Alice, VBScript, FoxPro, Lisp, Clojure, Ada, Hack, Bash, Fortran, SAS, Julia /> _____________