Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

linux bootup problem : file system changed

arjunsubarjunsub Member Posts: 32
hi
I had installed Red Hat Linux some time back..my extended dos partition wasn't being recognized by windows...so i deleted the extended dos partition...created a new one.

Linux now halts during booting. It says file system changed...and goes into file repair mode..wherein i can login as root and repair the problem.

Now, is there any way i can get the problem solved without reinstalling linux. Some people tell me to edit lilo.conf / run lilo again...running lilo again didn't help...what changes to i bring about in lilo.conf.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    I don't often alter partitions, but I believe you just need to modify the /etc/fstab file and remove the line for the partition that was deleted.

If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll try on one of my spare boxes.
    Ben Martin :-D
    programmer

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about / JavaScript PL/SQL Perl PHP Assembly Delphi C Go Python Objective-C C++ Scratch Visual Basic Java Ruby C# Swift MATLAB R Visual Basic .NET Apex Kotlin Dart Logo COBOL Rust SAS Lua Bash Fortran LabVIEW Transact-SQL Awk Scheme ML Scala Lisp Hack ABAP Clojure Erlang Prolog VBScript F# Alice Julia Ada FoxPro Crystal D / _______