Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Com Object thats single instance and multi user

aidanaidan Member Posts: 7
I need to write a com object using VB6 that only has a single instance. The instance needs to be shared with all objects that instantiate a link to the object, i.e. that data stored in the object can be access and shared within a multiuser environment so as to control a multiuser application.

So far I have tried using a global object, global multiuse object and a single instance object and redirecting the app that created an instance to this object to a shared instance but to no avail. The object should idealy be a DLL but if it has to be an activex exe then fair enough.

Has anyone tried this and if so what was the solution.

Cheers

Aidan

Comments

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

{ http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about / R, C#, C, MATLAB, Swift, PL/SQL, Python, Assembly, Go, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET, Scratch, C++, PHP, Delphi, Visual Basic, Objective-C, JavaScript, Perl, Java Awk, Prolog, D, Dart, LabVIEW, Transact-SQL, Clojure, Julia, Lua, F#, FoxPro, Scala, ML, ABAP, Fortran, Apex, COBOL, Rust, Scheme, Bash, Crystal, Kotlin, Logo, Erlang, VBScript, Ada, Hack, Lisp, Alice, SAS / _______