Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Graphics

ehsax00ehsax00 Member Posts: 219
hey guys, I am wanting to make a 2D game...and my only major problem is writing to Windows. You see, I can make Message and Dialog boxes...but I have no real idea of what I am doing. And if i want to incorperate sprites....well there is no way! So I was just wondering if anyone here knew where I could find a fairly good tutorial that would not only help me learn the code, but how I could use that knowledge in my own fashion.
Or if anyone knows of a good book that would do the same thing? I just got my paycheck, and if I find a good book, I will forego a Game Cube for another two weeks. So, any help? Anyone? Thanks for your time!

[blue] All I know, is all I am [/blue]

Comments

• synezesyneze Member Posts: 24
    : hey guys, I am wanting to make a 2D game...and my only major problem is writing to Windows. You see, I can make Message and Dialog boxes...but I have no real idea of what I am doing. And if i want to incorperate sprites....well there is no way! So I was just wondering if anyone here knew where I could find a fairly good tutorial that would not only help me learn the code, but how I could use that knowledge in my own fashion.
    : Or if anyone knows of a good book that would do the same thing? I just got my paycheck, and if I find a good book, I will forego a Game Cube for another two weeks. So, any help? Anyone? Thanks for your time!
    :
    :
    : [blue] All I know, is all I am [/blue]
    :

I assume you're using MS VC++. If that's the case, try the book "Introduction to MFC Programming with Visual C++" by Richard M. Jones. If you already know C++, it should be very useful in familiarizing yourself with Windows programming.
  • ehsax00ehsax00 Member Posts: 219
    k, cool. I'll ive it a try. And yes, I am trying to use MSVC++. Although for some reason when I run it in Windows it screws up 0_o

• sweattbriansweattbrian Member Posts: 9
    Rather than using standard windows commands and libraries, we at C-- recommend that you use the C-- Professional Grafx libraries.

They're reliable, easy to program, and include hundreds of functions that may be used for any purpose!!

C-- Grafx libraries are designed to run under windows and will provide you with the fastest game performance in it's class. Additionally, no furhter programming is required, all you must know is basic C++.

For more information, reply to this message and email us at : sweattbrian@hotmail.com

• ehsax00ehsax00 Member Posts: 219
    : Rather than using standard windows commands and libraries, we at C-- recommend that you use the C-- Professional Grafx libraries.
    :
    : They're reliable, easy to program, and include hundreds of functions that may be used for any purpose!!
    :
    : C-- Grafx libraries are designed to run under windows and will provide you with the fastest game performance in it's class. Additionally, no furhter programming is required, all you must know is basic C++.
    :
    : For more information, reply to this message and email us at : sweattbrian@hotmail.com
    :
    :
    :

sounds good, more info plleasse

• sweattbriansweattbrian Member Posts: 9
    Email C-- at sweattbrian@hotmail.com .

Please remember to include your email address and I will gladly send you the files required for C-- Grafx.