Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

IDE adapter (from notebook hdd to desktop hdd).

grigpmgrigpm Member Posts: 7
I need help for make an IDE adapter (2.5" to 3.5"):
a)pins converting;
b)power suplay info;
c)cable configuration;
d)ide interfaces configuration.
Thanks a lot. Best regards. Grig.

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Member Posts: 937
    [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-6-17 16:20:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : I need help for make an IDE adapter (2.5" to 3.5"):
    : a)pins converting;
    : b)power suplay info;
    : c)cable configuration;
    : d)ide interfaces configuration.
    : Thanks a lot. Best regards. Grig.
    :

Hi!

You don't actually need to convert the data and control pins. The 2.5" drive just adds the power connection to the data cable.

Take a look at the web site for the manufacturer of your drive. They'll have the exact pinout for your drive model.

You can also buy a 2.5" to 3.5" drive adapter for not much money.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• grigpmgrigpm Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    I got the pins semnification for ide cable; ide 44 conector has additionaly this configuration:
    pin 41: +5V (logical),
    pin 42: +5V (engine),
    pin 43: GROUND,
    pin 44: -TYPE (0 (zero) for ATA).
    Where I conect the 41 and 44 pins? Can I conect 41 with 42 and have 44 unconected?
    Best regards.
    Grig.

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_ | http://forcoder.org | free video tutorials and ebooks about \ PL/SQL, Python, Visual Basic .NET, C#, JavaScript, Objective-C, Java, Visual Basic, MATLAB, Go, PHP, C, Delphi, Swift, C++, R, Ruby, Assembly, Perl, Scratch Hack, Logo, Bash, Erlang, Julia, Prolog, ML, Transact-SQL, Scala, Apex, Lisp, Dart, FoxPro, Lua, F#, Ada, Rust, Alice, Crystal, COBOL, Fortran, Awk, D, Kotlin, VBScript, Clojure, SAS, ABAP, LabVIEW, Scheme \ ____________