Calculating Totals on a Form... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Calculating Totals on a Form...

AnDricoAnDrico Posts: 1Member
Please help. I am a novice at this. I have an html form that I would like to be able to calculate total dollar amount based on four currency fields. Cuurency field are a combination of Check boxes and text boxes. Unchecked text boxes equal 0.00. Can't seem to find a script anywhere that solves my problem. If any can provide any assistance, I would be greatly appreciative.

AnDrico
[email protected]

Comments

• compuchipcompuchip Posts: 273Member
    Suppose you have a form like this

Now if you have a var called formTotal, you could say something like

if (document.order.insideUS.value)
    formTotal += document.order.VAT.value;
    else
    alert("Not inside US - no VAT will be included");

If you need more specific help let me know

: Please help. I am a novice at this. I have an html form that I would like to be able to calculate total dollar amount based on four currency fields. Cuurency field are a combination of Check boxes and text boxes. Unchecked text boxes equal 0.00. Can't seem to find a script anywhere that solves my problem. If any can provide any assistance, I would be greatly appreciative.
    :
    : AnDrico
    : [email protected]
    :