Loopedy Loop - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Loopedy Loop

WannaBWannaB Posts: 23Member
I am trying to figure out the code to creating an image on a screen using loops. EX: Some emails are sent with pictures of bears, flowers, heart, etc. I want it to include user input. I have the input printing to the screen , but I cannot figure out how the loop is supposed to be coded to create the shape. I want to create a circle using the user's input.

Comments

• JomacJomac Posts: 231Member
    Copy this function into your module and call it passing the prooper values.

[code]
    Private Sub DrawCircle(ByVal obj As Object, ByVal cx As Single, ByVal cy As Single, ByVal radius As Single, ByVal num_segments As Integer)
    Const PI = 3.14159265

Dim X As Single
    Dim Y As Single
    Dim theta As Single
    Dim dtheta As Single
    Dim seg As Integer

dtheta = 2 * PI / num_segments
    obj.CurrentX = cx + radius
    obj.CurrentY = cy
    theta = 0
    For seg = 1 To num_segments
    theta = theta + dtheta
    obj.Line -(cx + radius * Cos(theta), cy + radius * Sin(theta))
    Next seg
    End Sub
    [/code]

Regards,
    ______
    [size=2][b][blue]J[/blue]omac.[/b][/size]

• WannaBWannaB Posts: 23Member
    OK, here is the problem with my program: I am writing a program that is supposed to print a triangle on the screen from a character that the user inputs. There is also a limit to the number of lines that I want to appear. So far, I can get the character to appear on the screen, but I can't make it continue to the next line with an additional character on each line to form the triangle. Can anyone help me?
  • JomacJomac Posts: 231Member
    : OK, here is the problem with my program: I am writing a program that is supposed to print a triangle on the screen from a character that the user inputs. There is also a limit to the number of lines that I want to appear. So far, I can get the character to appear on the screen, but I can't make it continue to the next line with an additional character on each line to form the triangle. Can anyone help me?
    :

Uh-Humm, your previous post asked how to create a CIRCLE.