Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

(not programming) I'm trying to install Red Hat Linux 7.2 on an older

HGeneAnthonyHGeneAnthony Member Posts: 92
machine. It's not exceptionally old it's running 166Mhz with 32RAM but I'm having a problem. I'm not sure if it's because of the BIOS settings or whatever. I took my CD-ROM from my newer computer and put it in the older computer. I went through my BIOS and set it up to boot from my CD-ROM, then floppy, then harddisk. The problem is that it reads the CD very fast. The screen turns to a bunch of gray lines. I don't know too much about compatability the only thing I can think of is that the CD-ROM's to fast for the processor. I tried booting from the floppy and I get a message saying please insert bootable media into the appropriate drive. I get the same message with floppy or not. The harddrive has nothing on it. So there's nothing to boot. I went into the BIOS and I noticed that there's for the Primary and Secondary IDE I have a Not Installed message. Could this give me problems? I noticed on the newer computer it lists the Harddrive and CD-ROM for these but if the CD-Rom isn't installed on the other one why am I getting the gray lines? I went i