qbasic decompiler - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

qbasic decompiler

franticbillyfranticbilly Posts: 2Member
I have a feeling that I'm not going to like the answer but here goes....Is there any qbasic 4.5 decompilers out there?

I've lost the source code for a couple programs that I've been updating and realy need to find a way of decompiling my exe files.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Frantic

Comments

• billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    I think you're right, you probably won't like the answer. Do a search of this board for "decompiler" or the like - many people have asked and been disappointed before :(

It's not that decompilers are impossible - according to previous posts they're out there. It's just that their output isn't pretty; you'd probably do less work rewriting the code.

: I have a feeling that I'm not going to like the answer but here goes....Is there any qbasic 4.5 decompilers out there?
    :
    : I've lost the source code for a couple programs that I've been updating and realy need to find a way of decompiling my exe files.
    :
    : Any help would be very appreciated!
    :
    : Frantic
    :

• BASIC FriendBASIC Friend Posts: 354Member
    They make these thingies that are made out of plastic and mylar. You can get 10 of them in a box for about $3.00US. I hear that you can save your source code on them and put them in a safe place, so that if you need your source code again, you can put them in your computer and get your source code back. I think that slot on the front of my computer is made for these plastic thingies. I hear that these plastic thingies even come with labels that you can write on, so you know what it was that you save on it. If you know what these plastic thingies are called, would you please tell me.

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : They make these thingies that are made out of plastic and mylar. You can get 10 of them in a box for about $3.00US. I hear that you can save your source code on them and put them in a safe place, so that if you need your source code again, you can put them in your computer and get your source code back. I think that slot on the front of my computer is made for these plastic thingies. I hear that these plastic thingies even come with labels that you can write on, so you know what it was that you save on it. If you know what these plastic thingies are called, would you please tell me.
    :
    :

Gee, what a clever answer...
  • franticbillyfranticbilly Posts: 2Member
    :
    : Gee, what a clever answer...
    :
    Very clever, I can hardly keep myself from busting a gut
  • pebepebe Posts: 6Member
    : :
    : : Gee, what a clever answer...
    : Very clever, I can hardly keep myself from busting a gut
    :

When you've updated your code, then they're called 'beer mats'
  • KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : : :
    : : : Gee, what a clever answer...
    : : :
    : : Very clever, I can hardly keep myself from busting a gut
    :
    : When you've updated your code, then they're called 'beer mats'
    :

I prefer "coasters" or "frisbees", but I would use RWs instead of Rs...