Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

OPENGL

etlusketlusk Posts: 168Member
Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
I hope I'm not the only person using it.

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : I hope I'm not the only person using it.
    :
    :
    I currently use it, the moderator of this board uses it. There are many here who use it.

• etlusketlusk Posts: 168Member
    : : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : : I hope I'm not the only person using it.
    : :
    : I currently use it, the moderator of this board uses it. There are many here who use it.
    :
    :
    Ok, I'll mark that as 3 confirmed users (on this site) so far.
    I was hoping to find enough people here to warrent an OPENGL board. I just got into learning it a few weeks ago and would like to learn all I can.
    I have no dreams of making any earth shattering programs, I'm just a knowledge junkie (too much time on my hands).
    If you know of any good sites, articles, programs or tuts let me know.
    Thanks

• ebbeebbe Posts: 2Member
    : : : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : : : I hope I'm not the only person using it.

Count me in too, but only as a beginner...

: I have no dreams of making any earth shattering programs, I'm just a knowledge junkie (too much time on my hands).
    : If you know of any good sites, articles, programs or tuts let me know.

Try this one:
    http://nehe.gamedev.net/

I'm currently doing the tutorial on the site.
    I just started on it 3 week ago, but I already have a lot of experience with 3D(AUTOCAD), ALLEGRO, DirectX and I'm moving along quickly.
    I think I've just about got every thing worth getting (over 400 megs) on the web.
    What do you think about a message board just for OPENGL/glut?
    If I get at least 5 or 6 people that are interested I'll set it up.
    How much C experience do you have and what compiler do you use?
    What are your goals for using it?

• ebbeebbe Posts: 2Member
    : What do you think about a message board just for OPENGL/glut?

Great, but they already exist... http://www.opengl.org/developers/forums/
    So...

: If I get at least 5 or 6 people that are interested I'll set it up.
    : How much C experience do you have and what compiler do you use?

Not any C, but I'm beginning to do C++ well. I'm using both VC++ and Dev-C++.

: What are your goals for using it?

None...yet
    : : What do you think about a message board just for OPENGL/glut?
    :
    : Great, but they already exist... http://www.opengl.org/developers/forums/
    : So...
    :
    : : If I get at least 5 or 6 people that are interested I'll set it up.
    : : How much C experience do you have and what compiler do you use?
    :
    : Not any C, but I'm beginning to do C++ well. I'm using both VC++ and Dev-C++.
    :
    : : What are your goals for using it?
    :
    : None...yet
    :
    I was speaking of on this site. I kinda thought that was obvious.

How can you learn C++ and not know any C? C++ is just an extention of C, created to give programmers more headaches. When you write a program in C++, 95% of it IS C.
    Keep at, you'll get there.

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : How can you learn C++ and not know any C? C++ is just an extention of C, created to give programmers more headaches. When you write a program in C++, 95% of it IS C.
    : Keep at, you'll get there.
    :
    :
    :

C++ is not 95% C. Also C is not mandatory to learn C++. C++ is C with classes is just a misconception.
    : : How can you learn C++ and not know any C? C++ is just an extention of C, created to give programmers more headaches. When you write a program in C++, 95% of it IS C.
    : : Keep at, you'll get there.
    :
    : C++ is not 95% C. Also C is not mandatory to learn C++. C++ is C with classes is just a misconception.
    :
    OK, write me a C++ program without any C in it.

• jon_241jon_241 Posts: 45Member
    : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : I hope I'm not the only person using it.

I am! Though only a beginner mind. What do you think of it?
    : : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : : I hope I'm not the only person using it.
    :
    : I am! Though only a beginner mind. What do you think of it?
    :
    Great! Well I got into it 3 weeks ago and I'm trilled with it. I have collected over 400 megs of related stuff. I had to write a PCXloader and a (ascii 3ds) loader to import images though. It seems the SGI rgb format is the supported image format.
    I was working with ALLEGRO until I saw it's limitations and the possablities of OPENGL. I have be able to do so much more and quicker than I could with ALLEGRO.
    Fortunetly I have AUTOcad 2002 experience with 3D, which made the learning curve alot easyer.
    My email is etlusk@woodstock.com if you want to share info or duscuss problems.