OPENGL - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

OPENGL

etlusketlusk Posts: 168Member
Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
I hope I'm not the only person using it.

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : I hope I'm not the only person using it.
    :
    :
    I currently use it, the moderator of this board uses it. There are many here who use it.

• etlusketlusk Posts: 168Member
    : : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : : I hope I'm not the only person using it.
    : :
    : I currently use it, the moderator of this board uses it. There are many here who use it.
    :
    :
    Ok, I'll mark that as 3 confirmed users (on this site) so far.
    I was hoping to find enough people here to warrent an OPENGL board. I just got into learning it a few weeks ago and would like to learn all I can.
    I have no dreams of making any earth shattering programs, I'm just a knowledge junkie (too much time on my hands).
    If you know of any good sites, articles, programs or tuts let me know.
    Thanks

• ebbeebbe Posts: 2Member
    : : : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : : : I hope I'm not the only person using it.

Count me in too, but only as a beginner...

: I have no dreams of making any earth shattering programs, I'm just a knowledge junkie (too much time on my hands).
    : If you know of any good sites, articles, programs or tuts let me know.

Try this one:
    http://nehe.gamedev.net/

I'm currently doing the tutorial on the site.
    I just started on it 3 week ago, but I already have a lot of experience with 3D(AUTOCAD), ALLEGRO, DirectX and I'm moving along quickly.
    I think I've just about got every thing worth getting (over 400 megs) on the web.
    What do you think about a message board just for OPENGL/glut?
    If I get at least 5 or 6 people that are interested I'll set it up.
    How much C experience do you have and what compiler do you use?
    What are your goals for using it?

• ebbeebbe Posts: 2Member
    : What do you think about a message board just for OPENGL/glut?

Great, but they already exist... http://www.opengl.org/developers/forums/
    So...

: If I get at least 5 or 6 people that are interested I'll set it up.
    : How much C experience do you have and what compiler do you use?

Not any C, but I'm beginning to do C++ well. I'm using both VC++ and Dev-C++.

: What are your goals for using it?

None...yet
    : : What do you think about a message board just for OPENGL/glut?
    :
    : Great, but they already exist... http://www.opengl.org/developers/forums/
    : So...
    :
    : : If I get at least 5 or 6 people that are interested I'll set it up.
    : : How much C experience do you have and what compiler do you use?
    :
    : Not any C, but I'm beginning to do C++ well. I'm using both VC++ and Dev-C++.
    :
    : : What are your goals for using it?
    :
    : None...yet
    :
    I was speaking of on this site. I kinda thought that was obvious.

How can you learn C++ and not know any C? C++ is just an extention of C, created to give programmers more headaches. When you write a program in C++, 95% of it IS C.
    Keep at, you'll get there.

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    : How can you learn C++ and not know any C? C++ is just an extention of C, created to give programmers more headaches. When you write a program in C++, 95% of it IS C.
    : Keep at, you'll get there.
    :
    :
    :

C++ is not 95% C. Also C is not mandatory to learn C++. C++ is C with classes is just a misconception.
    : : How can you learn C++ and not know any C? C++ is just an extention of C, created to give programmers more headaches. When you write a program in C++, 95% of it IS C.
    : : Keep at, you'll get there.
    :
    : C++ is not 95% C. Also C is not mandatory to learn C++. C++ is C with classes is just a misconception.
    :
    OK, write me a C++ program without any C in it.

• jon_241jon_241 Posts: 45Member
    : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : I hope I'm not the only person using it.

I am! Though only a beginner mind. What do you think of it?
    : : Is there any one here that is interested in or using the OPENGL graphics library? If so post a message and let's discuss the subject.
    : : I hope I'm not the only person using it.
    :
    : I am! Though only a beginner mind. What do you think of it?
    :
    Great! Well I got into it 3 weeks ago and I'm trilled with it. I have collected over 400 megs of related stuff. I had to write a PCXloader and a (ascii 3ds) loader to import images though. It seems the SGI rgb format is the supported image format.
    I was working with ALLEGRO until I saw it's limitations and the possablities of OPENGL. I have be able to do so much more and quicker than I could with ALLEGRO.
    Fortunetly I have AUTOcad 2002 experience with 3D, which made the learning curve alot easyer.
    My email is [email protected] if you want to share info or duscuss problems.