Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help on recording sound through SB16 DSP chip using DMA

pawan khatripawan khatri Member Posts: 1
Hello everybody,
I am an information technology student & as part of our curriculum working on a project of my choice. I have chosen the topic "Real time signal processing on PC". I require , as a first step to be able to record & play sound using SB DSP chip.
While I was able to get the playback working, I am having following problem while recording ::

1. When I try to read data directly from DSP port, I find that the read-buffer-status port indicates that SB is not ready for read even after sufficient delay had been provided.If I ignore this & go ahead with reading the data port ,I get value '170' everytime.
2. While recording through 8-bit DMA , I am programming the DSP with a
bufferlength of 256 bytes & the DMA with 512 bytes.The read however returns '128' in the first byte of bufferlength & a NULL i.e., '0' in
all other bytes.
3. With 16-bit DMA recording all bytes are being recorded as NULL

Hope somebody helps me out of this.
(This is my first posting on this site)

Thank you,
pawankhatri@rediffmail.com

Comments

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

__ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about < Delphi C++ C Objective-C Perl PL/SQL Visual Basic .NET Java Python Go JavaScript PHP Swift C# R Visual Basic Scratch Assembly Ruby MATLAB VBScript Erlang Bash F# Lisp Transact-SQL Ada SAS Lua Apex Awk Dart Hack Prolog Alice ABAP Scala Crystal Kotlin Julia Fortran Scheme COBOL D Logo Clojure FoxPro Rust ML LabVIEW /> _____