Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Registering a DLL

HardawayHardaway Posts: 2Member
I have this DLL which is supposed to be working fine and has no compilation errors but cannot eb regisetred via regsvr32.exe. An error message with code 0x80070716. This exit code means that "the ressource name specified cannot be found in the image file".

If anyone knows something about that error message or knows a way I could fix my problem, please answer me.

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by the AsmGuru62 at 2002-5-28 13:36:23[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have this DLL which is supposed to be working fine and has no compilation errors but cannot eb regisetred via regsvr32.exe. An error message with code 0x80070716. This exit code means that "the ressource name specified cannot be found in the image file".
    :
    : If anyone knows something about that error message or knows a way I could fix my problem, please answer me.
    :
    [blue]Not all DLLs can be registered with 'regsvr32.exe'. Only the ones with 'DllRegisterServer' exported. On Win NT - you can right click on DLL and select 'Quick View...' - you can see what functions are exported and if 'DllRegisterServer' is not there - then this DLL is not for 'regsvr32.exe'.

You should ask for help the vendor of said DLL.[/blue]

• HardawayHardaway Posts: 2Member
    Thank you for the answerbut the DLL was mine, I created it! I can't ask for vendor's help! I found the problem though. The program I'm working no is a program started by someone else and it turned out there was an old project which was able to register itself without error messages. I used CompareIt to check for differences and it turned out it was a #include not present in my version but it brought no error from the compiler!?!? This is still weird but at least I found my bug.

thanks