Regarding Job - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Regarding Job

Hello!

I am Harjinder, Electronic engineer from India. I came in U.S last year. As I was a fresh engineer and then I start to learn computers here and now my main skill is Oracle programming and development. Below is my resume and please give me directions and guidance that what should I include in my resume and what shouldn't, and where and for what position should I apply. Please give me the directions cos I am very confused now.As I didn't do any real project means I don't have any experience . Please tell me what kind of courses should I take in the future.

I will wait for your response.

Harjinder S. Chana

34244 Perry Road

Union City, CA 94587

Home : (510) 487-9234

email : [email protected]

OBJECTIVE

Programmer/Systems Analyst

SUMMARY

Elect. Engineer having adequate knowledge in Database Designing, Development and Database Implementation,Having good knowledge of Oracle and Developer 2000 (FORMS 4.5). With skills in programming languages including C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL.

SOFTWARE Oracle database server Ver 7.3,

Developer 2000 tools (FORMS 4.5, REPORTS

2.5,PROCEDURE BUILDER Ver 1.5),

SQL, PL/SQL Ver 2.0, SQL*PLUS and

MS Access.

O S MS-DOS, UNIX, WINDOWS 95/NT.

LANGUAGES C/C++, SQL, FORTRAN, BASIC.

EDUCATION Bachelor of science in Electronics Engineering

Nagpur University

INDIA

PROJECTS :

Rock Barn Museum System Jan '98

Institute : U.C Berkeley ext. Fremont, CA

Role : Development

Team size : 3

Environment : Oracle 7.3, PL/SQL, Developer 2000 (FORMS 4.5)

The purpose of this system was to keep track of the information about all the rocks, minerals, fossils and their modern equivalents, and Indian artifacts. So Important task was to design and develop a system to keep track of the information of the specimen, locality, source, storage etc. The system was designed using Developer 2000 (FORMS 4.5) and PL/SQL.

Library Management system Jul '98

Institute : Coresoft Corp. Sunnyvale, CA

Role : Development

Team size : 3

Environment : Oracle 7.3, PL/SQL, Developer 2000 (FORMS 4.5)

The purpose of the Library Management System was to maintain the data use in support the service of the library. Task include to maintain the information of borrowers, books, tracking system, due date, overdue, hold, and list of the books in the library. Primarily responsible for developing the forms and reports to keep the information of the system, using FORMS 4.5, REPORTS 2.5 and PL/SQL.

Educational Courses :

* 'Concepts of RDBMS' from U.C Berkeley ext Fremont, CA

* 'Essentials of Oracle Applications and Development'

from U.C Berkeley ext. Fremont, CA

* 'Advanced course in Oracle using Developer 2000'

from Coresoft corp. Sunnyvale, CA

* 'Computer programming using C and C++' and 'MS ACCESS'

from MVROP Fremont, CA