Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

change the size of the stage dynamivally

FirestormFirestorm Posts: 162Member
hi,
I'm trying to make an menu in Flash. I want it to be like the windows menus, (you know for example in your browser file, edit, ...), and when you hover over an item a list with items like save, save as, ... appears when you scroll out of that list it disappears.
To this point it is easy,
BUT how can I make the flash stage where all the objects are located on change its size corresponding to the users action.
What I mean is the bar(file, edit, ...) is e.g. 50px high, when I select an item the list appears and the bar + the list are e.g. 500 px high. The problem is that I can't let the stage be 500px in height all the time because then:
a) when no list is selected you would see a big white area
b) it would use the half of the window which is definitly shit
so I have to set its height to 50 when nothing is selected and to the needed height when a list needs space to appear

I hope you understood my problem and can help me
Firestorm
blue_surfer2000@yahoo.de
;-)