Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

passwords problem

bogochagabogochaga Member Posts: 9
Hi,
I have the following problem:

I installed recently Red Hat 7.2 on my system, but i made a mistake during the installation - i answered "no" to a question that asked if I wanted to use long passwords.
Now I can have a password of only 8 charackters which is quite anoing.

Can someone tell me, which programs are dealing with passwords and is it possible to change only those progs in order to have longer passwords?

Comments

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    Use Linuxconf and go into the "user Accounts" section. There will be a subsection called policies. From there I would assume you would find the option you need. I don't have a 7.2 system available to check on, and have never seen a long password option before, but that should be the first place to start.

: Hi,
    : I have the following problem:
    :
    : I installed recently Red Hat 7.2 on my system, but i made a mistake during the installation - i answered "no" to a question that asked if I wanted to use long passwords.
    : Now I can have a password of only 8 charackters which is quite anoing.
    :
    : Can someone tell me, which programs are dealing with passwords and is it possible to change only those progs in order to have longer passwords?
    :
    :
    :

Ben Martin :-D
    programmer

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_______ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about [ PL/SQL, Visual Basic, C++, C#, Ruby, Swift, MATLAB, Python, Objective-C, Go, Scratch, R, JavaScript, C, Assembly, PHP, Delphi, Visual Basic .NET, Perl, Java D, Prolog, Fortran, VBScript, Dart, COBOL, Bash, Awk, Scala, Clojure, Logo, SAS, FoxPro, ABAP, Erlang, Alice, Crystal, Hack, Lisp, ML, LabVIEW, Kotlin, Transact-SQL, Ada, Julia, Apex, F#, Rust, Lua, Scheme ] ____