Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

port recommendations needed...

Hi there.
Im building a console that includes a throttle and several buttons and leds. Even two 7-segments displays are included.
What is the best port to use with this in mind?
The parallel, seriel or perhaps joystick?

Id appreciate any thoughts, ideas or comments.

Thanks in advance

/Hylsan

Comments

• dieharddiehard Member Posts: 87
    : Hi there.
    : Im building a console that includes a throttle and several buttons and leds. Even two 7-segments displays are included.
    : What is the best port to use with this in mind?
    : The parallel, seriel or perhaps joystick?
    :
    : Id appreciate any thoughts, ideas or comments.
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    : /Hylsan
    :
    So you want to connect it to your computer???? If so, you write your own software???? If so, where do you program in????
    Well, i think you better can use the parallel port. I think it`s easy to use.
    But it`s what you think it`s best and nice for the console.
  • HylsanHylsan Member Posts: 11
    : : Hi there.
    : : Im building a console that includes a throttle and several buttons and leds. Even two 7-segments displays are included.
    : : What is the best port to use with this in mind?
    : : The parallel, seriel or perhaps joystick?
    : :
    : : Id appreciate any thoughts, ideas or comments.
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : /Hylsan
    : So you want to connect it to your computer???? If so, you write your own software???? If so, where do you program in????
    : Well, i think you better can use the parallel port. I think it`s easy to use.
    : But it`s what you think it`s best and nice for the console.
    :

yes i wanna connect it to the computer, and yes i write my own software, and its in VC++ 6.0.

/Hylsan
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

____ ( http://forcoder.org ) free ebooks and video tutorials about / Python, PHP, C#, Perl, Visual Basic, R, Java, Visual Basic .NET, Objective-C, Swift, Scratch, C, MATLAB, Assembly, Ruby, JavaScript, Go, C++, Delphi, PL/SQL Crystal, Dart, Prolog, Logo, Transact-SQL, Ada, COBOL, Bash, Scala, Scheme, Awk, ABAP, LabVIEW, Rust, Lisp, Kotlin, Fortran, VBScript, Lua, Clojure, Hack, Apex, SAS, D, Alice, FoxPro, ML, F#, Erlang, Julia / __________