Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Link a SNES/SFamicom to a PC

Hi,

I would like to link a SNES to a PC by the printer port to play the demo from the hard drive of my PC

If anyone knews how to do ... I'm interested ..

Thanx

WiLL_Fr

Comments

• Haroldo_o_pHaroldo_o_p Posts: 79Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I would like to link a SNES to a PC by the printer port to play the demo from the hard drive of my PC
    :
    : If anyone knews how to do ... I'm interested ..
    :
    : Thanx
    :
    : WiLL_Fr
    :

I can't help much, since I'm not an hardware expert, but here goes some theorical explanation:
    First of all, you'll need to know the SNES cartridge pinout (Search for it on some search engine), or find some cartridge that you can *destroy* ;-) .
    Second, you will have to replace the cartridge's ROM chip with a RAM or an EEPROM.
    About the linking with the PC's parallel port, you will have to add some hardware on the cartridge that would read from the parallel port and then write the data in the RAM/EEPROM.