Changing the DOS font - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Changing the DOS font

NitroAtomNitroAtom Posts: 12Member
While looking through Ralph Browns interrupt list I found interrupts for obtaining pointers to the DOS font characters, one of the memory loactaions was F000FA6Eh for the 8x8 set, but these memory locations only contain charaters 00h-7Fh. I found that interrupts 1Fh, 43h, and 44h claim to be associated with characters 80h-FFh but the documentation says nothing about what to do with these interrupts.
I did notice that interrupt 43h said "This is not a callable vector". Does each interrupt have a vector (like a memmory location) that somehow you can read from or obtain a pointer to?

Comments

• olsenolsen Posts: 3Member
    : Does each interrupt have a vector (like a memmory location) that somehow you can read from or obtain a pointer to?

You know ints do right??? for vector, look at mem location (int# * 4) for rmode segment & (int# * 4) + 2 for offset.. i think, dunno try it!?!

well mail me or reply.
  • NitroAtomNitroAtom Posts: 12Member
    : : Does each interrupt have a vector (like a memmory location) that somehow you can read from or obtain a pointer to?
    :
    : You know ints do right??? for vector, look at mem location (int# * 4) for rmode segment & (int# * 4) + 2 for offset.. i think, dunno try it!?!
    :
    : well mail me or reply.
    :

You were right about about the memory locations:
    (int * 4) for segment
    (int * 4) + 2 for offset