Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

RDO/msrdo20.dll

I've got a problem - can anyone help?

I can't create any instances of any RDO objects (or even the remote Data control). I also can't use ODBC direct

I get a 429 error "can't create activex component"

Technet says reregister MSRDO20.dll - which I've done

I've even re-registered different versions of msrdo20.dll - still the same error

If anybody can EMail me a solution - I'll give them a free copy of my "RESIZER" OCX which normally sells for $40

many thanks

Comments

• Try turning your PC on and off again - I find this helps clear most problems with my PC. Can you send the free software to me at my e-mail. Thanks.

I've got a problem - can anyone help?

: I can't create any instances of any RDO objects (or even the remote Data control). I also can't use ODBC direct

: I get a 429 error "can't create activex component"

: Technet says reregister MSRDO20.dll - which I've done

: I've even re-registered different versions of msrdo20.dll - still the same error

: If anybody can EMail me a solution - I'll give them a free copy of my "RESIZER" OCX which normally sells for $40

: many thanks

• Hi mate, I've had this problem myself and I found that if you copy the c112ac.dll from the service pack 4 (which you can get from Coomac)you can then strip the post ratio bug that causes this error. I found that you need a bit of tweeking even then and I did have a little memory errors after doing this but I just changed the A112 setting to 8 and it went away.