obtaining source code. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

obtaining source code.

menelaosmenelaos Posts: 45Member
If i needed to obtain the complete C++ code of an application, how would i be able to do that?
i'm not talking about a small program. I mean a program such as microsoft access. Not that particular one, but something of that level.
thanks.

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : If i needed to obtain the complete C++ code of an application, how would i be able to do that?
    : i'm not talking about a small program. I mean a program such as microsoft access. Not that particular one, but something of that level.
    : thanks.
    :

Unless someone wrote a custom program for you, it is highly unlikely that anyone or any company will release the source code to you -- it is considered privileged information and protected by copyright laws. Even if you did talk them into releasing the source to you, it would probably cost you several hundred thousand dollars, and a requirement to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete contract.
  • menelaosmenelaos Posts: 45Member
    : : If i needed to obtain the complete C++ code of an application, how would i be able to do that?
    : : i'm not talking about a small program. I mean a program such as microsoft access. Not that particular one, but something of that level.
    : : thanks.
    : :
    :
    : Unless someone wrote a custom program for you, it is highly unlikely that anyone or any company will release the source code to you -- it is considered privileged information and protected by copyright laws. Even if you did talk them into releasing the source to you, it would probably cost you several hundred thousand dollars, and a requirement to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete contract.
    :

What if i just buy them a McDonalds Happy Meal? :-)
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2002-7-27 12:36:26[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : What if i just buy them a McDonalds Happy Meal? :-)
    :

I didn't think of that! Yes, it might just work. :-)