help me - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help me

sukumarsukumar Posts: 1Member
iam now developing web page for online test(purely in xml) and there iam having some problem while appending(using appendchild)
like this

var ques=new ActiveXObject("microsoft.xmldom");
ques.async=false;
ques.load("question.xml");
when i made any changes to the file it affects only the object .it cannot alter the original xml file.how can i change the original xml file.pls help me .

Comments

• ethan_robertsethan_roberts Posts: 6Member
    The changes you make are in-memory until you save them back to the xml data file. To do this, simply type:

ques.save "question.xml"

The next time you load the file, you'll get what you're looking for.

By the way, another property you're probably going to want to start setting is:

ques.async = false;
    ques.setProperty "SelectionLanguage", "XPath";

this uses the W3C XPath spec instead of M$ backwards-compatibility with their own standard XPath. Save yourself some headaches :).

Luck,

Ethan
    : iam now developing web page for online test(purely in xml) and there iam having some problem while appending(using appendchild)
    : like this
    :
    : var ques=new ActiveXObject("microsoft.xmldom");
    : ques.async=false;
    : ques.load("question.xml");
    : when i made any changes to the file it affects only the object .it cannot alter the original xml file.how can i change the original xml file.pls help me .
    :
    :
    :
  • sharath_khsharath_kh Posts: 4Member
    After Appending to the XML file u have to save the XML file and then only u have to load it. u have to save it this way -
    ques.Save ""

Good luck for u. U try this it would work.