Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

SirfStar II Embedded Problems!

Hi,

I am responsible for ensuring that a SirfStar II OEM GPS Receiver based upon an Hitachi SH7021 Micro will receive ASCII messages from the RS232 port that is on board, and then make some simple logical decisions based upon that input.
At present the device only outputs to the port (current location, speed, etc.).

I "think" that the routines and code for RS232 input are included with the core code but being a non-C programmer I am struggling.

Has anybody had any experience programming such a device, or does anybody know where I could look??

Out of interest the IDE I am using is HiView (Hitachi based) and according to Hitachi is apparently no longer supported. I have contacted Hitachi and Sirf on the code front, but they were both as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Needless to say, ANY help would be MUCH appreciated !

Thanks alot,
Nick Williams
Firestream Technologies

Comments

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_________ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about | JavaScript PHP PL/SQL Python Go Ruby Scratch Visual Basic Assembly Delphi MATLAB Perl C C# R Java C++ Swift Visual Basic .NET Objective-C Apex Alice Scheme Logo VBScript Bash Scala SAS COBOL Crystal Lisp Kotlin D Transact-SQL ML Hack ABAP Ada Julia F# Erlang Lua Rust Dart Clojure LabVIEW Fortran Awk FoxPro Prolog | _____________