connecting barcode device with application

Please send me information or if possible a project with source code where i can get help about connecting barcode device to pc an d to visual basic application

Comments

• : Please send me information or if possible a project with source code where i can get help about connecting barcode device to pc an d to visual basic application
    :

You need to take a look at the particular barcode reader you're interested in. Many of them are termed "keyboard wedge", and plug in between the PC and the keyboard. All data read by the barcode reader is sent to the keyboard port, as if the characters had been typed. So there's no special programming needed to do the barcode input.

Some of the high-end scanners (non-contact lasers, for instance) use the serial port, so you'd use standard VB commands to read the data from the serial port.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• Hi!

Is there anyone that could tell me how to read from the PS2 port?

I have a handholde barcodereader conected to the keybord PS2 port.
    And I have a USB keybord conected to the computer.

When I try to fetch things in the way you do when you read from the keybord I can't access the data from my barcode in the PS2 port, only from the USB keybord device.

I want to read from a string from the PS2 port and put it into a text box.
    Could someone be so kind to just give me a small codesample to me?

Thank you.

• This post has been deleted.