Help me i'm a newbie Programmer....... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help me i'm a newbie Programmer.......

HI all out there I am a 16year old with a LOT of time on my hands as i don't go to school i started making some 3dgraphcs for a game a few years back but had to format computer so i lost all my 3dsmax and lightwave never did that again so i thought lets take up programing u know i could hack a website here and there but not do anything except leave something saying i've been there, I was wondering what languages should i start learning first my dad said start out with Qbasic or basic so i did but then someone said start with borland C++ so i did then i got confused with the differensce between qbasic and C++ i got a book it says you need to type Int before a line of code?? and in qbasic it's integer/string/long/double etc my real point here is WHAT LANGUAGE SHOULD I START OUT LEARNING i am quite a fast learner that's never been a prob also i'm hoping to get a website up soon so i would like a language to help me with that aswell Thank you all.

Adam Neubauer.

Comments

• jeffpostjeffpost Posts: 316Member
    : HI all out there I am a 16year old with a LOT of time on my hands as i don't go to school i started making some 3dgraphcs for a game a few years back but had to format computer so i lost all my 3dsmax and lightwave never did that again so i thought lets take up programing u know i could hack a website here and there but not do anything except leave something saying i've been there, I was wondering what languages should i start learning first

If you want to hack websites, I suggest the first language you should learn is ETHICS! Hacking websites can get you even more free time on your hands, courtesy of the federal penal system.

• NeubauerNeubauer Posts: 5Member
    : : HI all out there I am a 16year old with a LOT of time on my hands as i don't go to school i started making some 3dgraphcs for a game a few years back but had to format computer so i lost all my 3dsmax and lightwave never did that again so i thought lets take up programing u know i could hack a website here and there but not do anything except leave something saying i've been there, I was wondering what languages should i start learning first
    :
    : If you want to hack websites, I suggest the first language you should learn is ETHICS! Hacking websites can get you even more free time on your hands, courtesy of the federal penal system.
    :
    :
    :
    : lol i don't just want to hack websites i want to program games aswell
    :

• jeffpostjeffpost Posts: 316Member
    : : : HI all out there I am a 16year old with a LOT of time on my hands as i don't go to school i started making some 3dgraphcs for a game a few years back but had to format computer so i lost all my 3dsmax and lightwave never did that again so i thought lets take up programing u know i could hack a website here and there but not do anything except leave something saying i've been there, I was wondering what languages should i start learning first
    : :
    : : If you want to hack websites, I suggest the first language you should learn is ETHICS! Hacking websites can get you even more free time on your hands, courtesy of the federal penal system.
    :: : lol i don't just want to hack websites i want to program games aswell
    :
    Meaning you want to do both. As long as you do, don't expect help from anyone here. We don't need your kind. Get a life, moron.

• Rod McCallRod McCall Posts: 13Member
    :SHOULD I START OUT LEARNING i am quite a fast learner that's never been a prob also i'm hoping to get a website up soon so i would like a language to help me with that aswell Thank you all.

Adam,

I work for the developer of this product so am biased. Anyway you could try Revolution -a free trial is available from www.runrev.com. Revolution has an English-like programming language and a full interface builder. Also you don't have to worry about different data types as it automatically handles that for you. Also Revolution supports databases, multimedia, internet protocols and much more. Also Revolution is available for all major operating systems. Finally, there is a $99 student/teacher version which you may be eligible for.

Anyway enough of the hard sell, but if you do have any questions feel free to ask.

Rod McCall
    Runtime Revolution Ltd
    +44 131 718 4334
  • iddqd101iddqd101 Posts: 14Member
    : : : : HI all out there I am a 16year old with a LOT of time on my hands as i don't go to school i started making some 3dgraphcs for a game a few years back but had to format computer so i lost all my 3dsmax and lightwave never did that again so i thought lets take up programing u know i could hack a website here and there but not do anything except leave something saying i've been there, I was wondering what languages should i start learning first
    : : :
    : : : If you want to hack websites, I suggest the first language you should learn is ETHICS! Hacking websites can get you even more free time on your hands, courtesy of the federal penal system.
    : :: : lol i don't just want to hack websites i want to program games aswell
    : Meaning you want to do both. As long as you do, don't expect help from anyone here. We don't need your kind. Get a life, moron.
    :
    :
    :

tsk tsk tsk, that should be a lesson to you. You know, as a newcomer, you must think of what can you contribute to this field. Hacking and other lame stuffs just makes the forefathers of who have worked hard for this field squirm in their graves.Java can be good a language to start with. The important thing is you develop logical and thinking ability. Well, Good Luck bro. Hope u use ur skills well.