Hello All - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Hello All

JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
Hi All,

Well, I'm the new moderator for the CGI Development board. I look forward to some great discussions about CGI development on here. For anyone who is interested, a little bit about who I am and what kinda things I know about.

Firstly, my name is Jonathan Worthington, I am from the north east of England, and I study Maths, Physics & Computing at a college there. Out of college, I work doing web development for my company, JWCS.NET Ltd, write and mix music, and do youthwork.

I've been programming for about 9 years now (I started young!) and in that time have worked in various languages. Over the last few years I turned to studying web development as there was money there. Note that up until I started at college, I was entirely self taught on stuff. Anyway, what do I know about fairly well?
- Perl
- SQL (use MySQL most regularly)
- HTML
- CSS
- SSI
- Apache
- Dreamweaver
- Visual Basic
- QBasic (I'm a bit rusty now, but it's what I started off on)
- Logo (this thing got me into programming...still remember it now...)

And I have done bits and pieces with:-
- ASP
- PHP
- C/C++
- IIS
- Xitami

I know bits about UNIX/Linux, particularly basic shell commands and permissions. I know other assorted fragments of stuff to...they always come in useful.

And that's me. Bored? :)

Enjoy your day,

Jonathan