Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HELP!

rdsimplemanrdsimpleman Member Posts: 1
Hello all,

I am new to all this stuff. So please excuse any questions you may have heard manytimes over. IM wanting to learn some new stuff about computers and there languages. IM not sure where to start but was told Linux was a good place to start. So my question is where do I find material to read on linux to familiarize my self and to learn it. Would appreciate any assistance. Thank yall very kindly.

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Ok, now there are 2 options -
    1) If you have linux installed(which I assume will not be true) you should go to the HowTO directorys and read all the HOWTOS as many a times they will be your best help.

2) Now assuming you don't have linux installed at all, completely new to computers and want to know what linux is etc etc - general information - you should go to www.linux.org and then read the stuff in there and then follow many of links there to linux websites which might interest you.

: Hello all,
    :
    : I am new to all this stuff. So please excuse any questions you may have heard manytimes over. IM wanting to learn some new stuff about computers and there languages. IM not sure where to start but was told Linux was a good place to start. So my question is where do I find material to read on linux to familiarize my self and to learn it. Would appreciate any assistance. Thank yall very kindly.
    :

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

______ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about [ Python Scratch PHP C# Java Delphi Visual Basic .NET PL/SQL R Go C++ Objective-C Visual Basic C Assembly MATLAB Ruby Swift JavaScript Perl Crystal Lua Scala Rust ML LabVIEW Dart Apex Logo Fortran VBScript D Ada ABAP F# Clojure Hack COBOL Scheme Transact-SQL SAS Prolog FoxPro Bash Erlang Lisp Awk Alice Kotlin Julia ] ____