parser will not parse Unicode(LPWSTR) buffer - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

parser will not parse Unicode(LPWSTR) buffer

badfish2badfish2 Posts: 1Member
(MSXML parser on windows 2000 using Visual C++ 6)

I have an XML document that I have tried parsing with every encoding
available to Notepad, and have come to the conclusion that I can only parse ANSI characters when I pass the document CONTENT into parsers. This doesn't apply when I pass in a filename, everything works as it should, but in this circumstance I can't do that. The only reason I can determine that it works only under ANSI is because when the file is encoded via Unicode there is a character at the beginning of the file that is there to denote Unicode encoding. that one character renders me inable to parse my CComBSTR or seemingly anything else I try to stick this string into the parser when I have this document's contents loaded into a CComBSTR.

Can someone please tell me the appropriate steps to load file contents from a Unicode-encoded XML document into a buffer and have the buffer's contents parsed?

Thanks!

[hr]
To me programming is more than an important practical art. It is also a gigantic undertaking in the foundations of knowledge.

[italic]-Grace Hopper,inventor of the compiler[/italic]