Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

PDF in WebBrowser Control

Hi!

I'm working on a project to display PDF-Files with the WebBrowser ActiveX Control from Microsoft. It uses "pdf.ocx" from adobe's acrobat reader to display these files.

I would like to use "named destinations" in the pdf-files to jump directly to a certain chapter. Here is my problem:
The pdf-files are in a local directory, i.e. I can't use "URLOpenActions", such as
file:///f:/pdf/blah.pdf#namedest=Chapter1
to display "Chapter1", because the WebBrowser Control thinks "blah.pdf#namedest..." is a filename...

Is there a way to separate the URLOpenAction from the filename or otherwise tell the Acrobat Reader where to go in the document?

Thanks,
Philipp Schuele

Comments

• s_Akavarams_Akavaram Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

Did you have any luck getting this to work ? I need to set the zoom size of the pdf once it is loaded in webbrowser control from vb.

Thanks,
    Sunitha

: Hi!
    :
    : I'm working on a project to display PDF-Files with the WebBrowser ActiveX Control from Microsoft. It uses "pdf.ocx" from adobe's acrobat reader to display these files.
    :
    : I would like to use "named destinations" in the pdf-files to jump directly to a certain chapter. Here is my problem:
    : The pdf-files are in a local directory, i.e. I can't use "URLOpenActions", such as
    : file:///f:/pdf/blah.pdf#namedest=Chapter1
    : to display "Chapter1", because the WebBrowser Control thinks "blah.pdf#namedest..." is a filename...
    :
    : Is there a way to separate the URLOpenAction from the filename or otherwise tell the Acrobat Reader where to go in the document?
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Philipp Schuele
    :

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_ ( http://forcoder.org ) free ebooks and video tutorials about | Perl, Delphi, Visual Basic, C#, C, Python, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET, MATLAB, Go, PL/SQL, Java, PHP, Scratch, Assembly, Objective-C, R, Swift, C++, JavaScript SAS, Lua, Rust, Fortran, Apex, Scala, Julia, Lisp, Crystal, LabVIEW, VBScript, Erlang, Awk, Dart, Ada, Transact-SQL, Kotlin, COBOL, ML, ABAP, F#, FoxPro, Prolog, Bash, D, Scheme, Hack, Alice, Logo, Clojure | _____