Here's a cool idea to make things a little more interesting...

Here's an idea that maybe some of you might want to participate in: and 48-hour game programming contest in QBasic. If it happened it would have the following rules:

- QB 4.5 comatible code
- FutureLib is the only library you can use
- No 3D stuff
- Code must be well commented
- Executable would be appreciated
- 48 hours to do it

Basicly, one weekend, you would program a game. Genre would be given at the beginning and 1-3 people who don't participate get to judge on a scale of 1-10. No prize but just to get into the spirit of game making.
I know it can be done because I have seen it done in 24-hours so let me know what you think.

--------------------------------------------
I will bend your mind with my spoon...

Comments

• : Here's an idea that maybe some of you might want to participate in: and 48-hour game programming contest in QBasic. If it happened it would have the following rules:
    :
    : - QB 4.5 comatible code
    : - FutureLib is the only library you can use
    : - No 3D stuff
    : - Code must be well commented
    : - Executable would be appreciated
    : - 48 hours to do it
    :
    : Basicly, one weekend, you would program a game. Genre would be given at the beginning and 1-3 people who don't participate get to judge on a scale of 1-10. No prize but just to get into the spirit of game making.
    : I know it can be done because I have seen it done in 24-hours so let me know what you think.
    :
    : --------------------------------------------
    : I will bend your mind with my spoon...
    :
    I personally wouldn't do it, but it sounds cool. I wouldn't do it for the main reason it would (was? will be?) created...the time...;)
  • Sounds good - I'd participate. Personally I don't use FutureLib, but I could get used to it.

: Here's an idea that maybe some of you might want to participate in: and 48-hour game programming contest in QBasic. If it happened it would have the following rules:
    :
    : - QB 4.5 comatible code
    : - FutureLib is the only library you can use
    : - No 3D stuff
    : - Code must be well commented
    : - Executable would be appreciated
    : - 48 hours to do it
    :
    : Basicly, one weekend, you would program a game. Genre would be given at the beginning and 1-3 people who don't participate get to judge on a scale of 1-10. No prize but just to get into the spirit of game making.
    : I know it can be done because I have seen it done in 24-hours so let me know what you think.
    :
    :

• I just said future lib because it has SVGA capabilities, can load custom fonts, can load BMPs, JPGs, and other formats and has good mouse support. It also has good paging abilities.

• sure, no prob, sounds good.

So, when we gonna start this thing? This weekend? I'm ansy to go... but, um... we kinda need more people :) Anyone else in?

: I just said future lib because it has SVGA capabilities, can load custom fonts, can load BMPs, JPGs, and other formats and has good mouse support. It also has good paging abilities.
    :
    :
    :

• I would but your the only one in it. Where's Doggy Del Boy, mellisa may, and the rest of you people?