Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Query To Retrieve Duplicate Records

JerishJerish Posts: 3Member
Hi Guys,

I am using SQL Server 2000 as my database. I need a query for the following purpose.

I have two tables Emp and Emp_Name .

Emp Table has fields like Emp_id (integer),DOB(date),PhoneNo(varchar),.......
Emp_Name has fields like Emp_id (integer),lastname,firstname,middlename,.....

I don't have any Primary key and Foreign Key relation ship between these two tables.

I want to get all the Duplicate Employee related records . ie , I want to get employee details who has same first name , last name , middle name and DOB.

Will a single query do the above job ? please give a exact query for the above one.

Thanks In Advance.

Jerish
dess@satyam.net.in

Comments

• abacotandilabacotandil Posts: 4Member

you don't say if Emp_id is the same or not, i suppose not.

This is your query, but i don't know if is the exact one.

select lastname, firstname,middlename, DOB, count(*) as counter from emp table as et join emp_name as en
    where counter > 1
    group by lastname, firstname,middlename, DOB

be luck, bye.

: Hi Guys,
    :
    : I am using SQL Server 2000 as my database. I need a query for the following purpose.
    :
    : I have two tables Emp and Emp_Name .
    :
    : Emp Table has fields like Emp_id (integer),DOB(date),PhoneNo(varchar),.......
    : Emp_Name has fields like Emp_id (integer),lastname,firstname,middlename,.....
    :
    : I don't have any Primary key and Foreign Key relation ship between these two tables.
    :
    : I want to get all the Duplicate Employee related records . ie , I want to get employee details who has same first name , last name , middle name and DOB.
    :
    : Will a single query do the above job ? please give a exact query for the above one.
    :
    : Thanks In Advance.
    :
    :
    : Jerish
    : dess@satyam.net.in
    :