Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Transparency for graphics question.

[b][red]This message was edited by the mruniversalip at 2002-4-20 1:28:31[/red][/b][hr]
I put a 16 colour graphic, with a custom pallet, in my program and set its transparency but instead I get a white box around it. (its transparency colour was the same colour as the panel it was in). If the colour of the panel is changed the transparent area then changes colour. Why does it do this? (I have some idea but I'm not completely clear on it) Is there an option that would fix this?

Note:
If I change the bitmap to a 24bit graphic the problem goes away but my file increases in size (not what I want).

Comments

• mruniversalipmruniversalip Member Posts: 22
    : [b][red]This message was edited by the mruniversalip at 2002-4-20 1:28:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : I put a 16 colour graphic, with a custom pallet, in my program and set its transparency but instead I get a white box around it. (its transparency colour was the same colour as the panel it was in). If the colour of the panel is changed the transparent area then changes colour. Why does it do this? (I have some idea but I'm not completely clear on it) Is there an option that would fix this?
    :
    : Note:
    : If I change the bitmap to a 256col or 24bit graphic the problem goes away but my file increases in size (not what I want).
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    anyone got any ideas?