Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

converting windows CR/LF's so that I don't get a '500 internal error'

if i download scripts and adjust them on my windows PC, and then upload them to my linux server they don't work, unless I replace the CR/LF's to, what I assume is linux' CR/LF. I know very little linux. is there an easy way to do this, such as a linux text editor for windows?

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi!

OK, on Windows we use a carraige return and a linefeed character to denote a new line, but on Linux they just use a single newline character (the equivalent to the windows linefeed character).

Anyway, I presume you are uploading using FTP? If so, you need to find the setting that lets you switch between ASCII and Binary upload. Switch to ASCII upload mode and it will do all the "conversion" for you when you upload each file. Remember just to use ASCII mode for Perl scritps or other text documents, and not images and other binary files!

Best of luck!

Jonathan

------------------------------------------
    Count downloads from your site for free!
    http://www.downloadcounter.com/