RTOS simple project - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

RTOS simple project

sampathsampath Posts: 3Member
Help!
Although I am new to this RTOS and embedded field, I learnt most of all the theoretical aspects regarding these subjects. Now I would like to do one simple project using RTOS. Especially I know MicroC/OS-II. Can anybody please help me in suggesting one project that is really useful?

Thanks in advance,
sampath

Comments

• stgotgo99stgotgo99 Posts: 5Member
    What processor do you want to port with MicroC/OS-II?
    I use MCS51 Family once to build some uWebServer.
    Best regards,
    Tinggo S.
    "www.geocities.com/stgotgo99"

: Help!
    : Although I am new to this RTOS and embedded field, I learnt most of all the theoretical aspects regarding these subjects. Now I would like to do one simple project using RTOS. Especially I know MicroC/OS-II. Can anybody please help me in suggesting one project that is really useful?
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    : sampath
    :
    :

• sampathsampath Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for responding and sorry for late respond from my side. Ya I too want to port MicroC/OS-II to 8051 and do some project. Can you pl. suggest me how I can go about doing one simple project.

Thank you again,
    sampath

: What processor do you want to port with MicroC/OS-II?
    : I use MCS51 Family once to build some uWebServer.
    : Best regards,
    : Tinggo S.
    : "www.geocities.com/stgotgo99"
    :
    : : Help!
    : : Although I am new to this RTOS and embedded field, I learnt most of all the theoretical aspects regarding these subjects. Now I would like to do one simple project using RTOS. Especially I know MicroC/OS-II. Can anybody please help me in suggesting one project that is really useful?
    : :
    : : Thanks in advance,
    : : sampath
    :
    :

• iyengarshyamiyengarshyam Posts: 2Member
    Sampath,

from my previous embedded experience in assembly language. i feel you have to first serially transmit ur kernel into flash memory , write an application which will use the kernel and appropriate ports and voila.

ofcourse, there will be tremendous debugging to do , another alternative would be to use simulators, i do not remember one such emulator for rtos, but it it there for download somewhere.

by the way r u from chennai.

Shyam
    : Thank you for responding and sorry for late respond from my side. Ya I too want to port MicroC/OS-II to 8051 and do some project. Can you pl. suggest me how I can go about doing one simple project.
    :
    : Thank you again,
    : sampath
    :
    : : What processor do you want to port with MicroC/OS-II?
    : : I use MCS51 Family once to build some uWebServer.
    : : Best regards,
    : : Tinggo S.
    : : "www.geocities.com/stgotgo99"
    : : : Help!
    : : : Although I am new to this RTOS and embedded field, I learnt most of all the theoretical aspects regarding these subjects. Now I would like to do one simple project using RTOS. Especially I know MicroC/OS-II. Can anybody please help me in suggesting one project that is really useful?
    : : :
    : : : Thanks in advance,
    : : : sampath
    :
    :

• korkor Posts: 198Member
    : Sampath,
    :
    : from my previous embedded experience in assembly language. i feel you have to first serially transmit ur kernel into flash memory , write an application which will use the kernel and appropriate ports and voila.
    :
    : ofcourse, there will be tremendous debugging to do , another alternative would be to use simulators, i do not remember one such emulator for rtos, but it it there for download somewhere.
    :
    : by the way r u from chennai.
    :
    : Shyam
    : : Thank you for responding and sorry for late respond from my side. Ya I too want to port MicroC/OS-II to 8051 and do some project. Can you pl. suggest me how I can go about doing one simple project.
    : : Thank you again,
    : : sampath
    : : : What processor do you want to port with MicroC/OS-II?
    : : : I use MCS51 Family once to build some uWebServer.
    : : : Best regards,
    : : : Tinggo S.
    : : : "www.geocities.com/stgotgo99"
    : : : : Help!
    : : : : Although I am new to this RTOS and embedded field, I learnt most of all the theoretical aspects regarding these subjects. Now I would like to do one simple project using RTOS. Especially I know MicroC/OS-II. Can anybody please help me in suggesting one project that is really useful?
    : : : :
    : : : : Thanks in advance,
    : : : : sampath
    :
    :
    As I understand it, his problem is not the implementation or process, but a lack if ideas to implement. I have the same problem. I'd suggest a simple i/o system with a simple state-machine style ai, for use in a robot walking around a room.
  • iyengarshyamiyengarshyam Posts: 2Member
    Sampath,

First you have to decide what type of project you want to do i.e
    1. embedded web development i.e implementing web server and all that jazz.
    2. embedded electronics stuff like voice recorder etc..

next you decide, memory requirements, processor to be used.

then, which distro u gotta use.
    i belive uclinux will be good, ecos is also good and free.(mail me if u want more info). Try buying some development kit for uclinux (u get it for 5k-15k) in bombay.

then, program and get hold of some simulator (actually pretty difficult to get one).

: : Sampath,
    : : from my previous embedded experience in assembly language. i feel you have to first serially transmit ur kernel into flash memory , write an application which will use the kernel and appropriate ports and voila.
    : : ofcourse, there will be tremendous debugging to do , another alternative would be to use simulators, i do not remember one such emulator for rtos, but it it there for download somewhere.
    : : by the way r u from chennai.
    : : Shyam
    : : : Thank you for responding and sorry for late respond from my side. Ya I too want to port MicroC/OS-II to 8051 and do some project. Can you pl. suggest me how I can go about doing one simple project.
    : : : Thank you again,
    : : : sampath
    : : : : What processor do you want to port with MicroC/OS-II?
    : : : : I use MCS51 Family once to build some uWebServer.
    : : : : Best regards,
    : : : : Tinggo S.
    : : : : "www.geocities.com/stgotgo99"
    : : : : : Help!
    : : : : : Although I am new to this RTOS and embedded field, I learnt most of all the theoretical aspects regarding these subjects. Now I would like to do one simple project using RTOS. Especially I know MicroC/OS-II. Can anybody please help me in suggesting one project that is really useful?
    : : : : :
    : : : : : Thanks in advance,
    : : : : : sampath
    : As I understand it, his problem is not the implementation or process, but a lack if ideas to implement. I have the same problem. I'd suggest a simple i/o system with a simple state-machine style ai, for use in a robot walking around a room.
    :