Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Reading from Sound card

I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
-Vikubel.
Vivek A. Kulkarni
htt;://geocities.com/vikubel

Comments

• etlusketlusk Member Posts: 168
    : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : -Vikubel.
    : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    :
    Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.

On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.

As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.

I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com

Just say 'NO' to MFC
    et

• vikubelvikubel Member Posts: 6
    : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : -Vikubel.
    : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : :
    : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    :
    : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    :
    : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    :
    : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    :
    : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : et
    :
    :
    :
    Thats really great et!
    I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    -V

Vivek A. Kulkarni

: : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : : -Vikubel.
    : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : :
    : : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    : : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    : : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    : : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    : : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : : et
    : Thats really great et!
    : I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    : -V
    :
    :
    :
    I do computer research for whoever is willing to pay me. A lot of companys don't want to waste thier in-house re$ource$ looking for obscure bits of information.
    Did you know the first transistor was made out of a small rock, tinfoil and a paperclip? Or that electric current travels from negative to positive?
    You never said what platform you were using to do this, so I can't tell you how to go live.
    ET

: : : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : : : -Vikubel.
    : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : :
    : : : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : : : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    : : : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    : : : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    : : : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    : : : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : : : et
    : : Thats really great et!
    : : I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    : : -V
    : I do computer research for whoever is willing to pay me. A lot of companys don't want to waste thier in-house re$ource$ looking for obscure bits of information.
    : Did you know the first transistor was made out of a small rock, tinfoil and a paperclip? Or that electric current travels from negative to positive?
    : You never said what platform you were using to do this, so I can't tell you how to go live.
    : ET
    :
    :
    OK...I will explain my project:
    I have used Turbo C++ IDE (3.0) on Windows 2000 . What I am doing is record the command using Windows Recorder in mono mode at 11.5 kHz. Save it in WAV file format. My Program will read it and gets LPCs and saves it in a ref file. When I want to recognise a command, I will just record a new command, save it, get LPC codes and compare it with ref file. If the diff is less than tolerence then the voice is recognised. Hope you have got some info by now. So I want to avoid recording...stroing..stuff. Just whenever I give some command through MIC it should get analysed. So I need the sound card details.
    Can you help me on this?
    (I am afraid I can not pay for this....as I am a learner still)

-V
    Vivek A. Kulkarni

: : : : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : : : : -Vikubel.
    : : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : : :
    : : : : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : : : : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    : : : : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    : : : : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    : : : : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    : : : : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : : : : et
    : : : Thats really great et!
    : : : I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    : : : -V
    : : I do computer research for whoever is willing to pay me. A lot of companys don't want to waste thier in-house re$ource$ looking for obscure bits of information.
    : : Did you know the first transistor was made out of a small rock, tinfoil and a paperclip? Or that electric current travels from negative to positive?
    : : You never said what platform you were using to do this, so I can't tell you how to go live.
    : : ET
    : OK...I will explain my project:
    : I have used Turbo C++ IDE (3.0) on Windows 2000 . What I am doing is record the command using Windows Recorder in mono mode at 11.5 kHz. Save it in WAV file format. My Program will read it and gets LPCs and saves it in a ref file. When I want to recognise a command, I will just record a new command, save it, get LPC codes and compare it with ref file. If the diff is less than tolerence then the voice is recognised. Hope you have got some info by now. So I want to avoid recording...stroing..stuff. Just whenever I give some command through MIC it should get analysed. So I need the sound card details.
    : Can you help me on this?
    : (I am afraid I can not pay for this....as I am a learner still)
    :
    :
    :
    Goto RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM and download FREQ!!.zip and FREQsrc.zip. That tutorial program will tell you most, if not all you need to know to do what you want. It inputs from the sound card to a 64k buffer. It will do both 8 and 16 bit sampling rates. You should be able to cut&paste what you need without much trouble.

You may even find FREQ??.zip on this site.

ET

: : : : : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : : : : : -Vikubel.
    : : : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : : : : : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    : : : : : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    : : : : : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    : : : : : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    : : : : : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : : : : : et
    : : : : Thats really great et!
    : : : : I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    : : : : -V
    : : : I do computer research for whoever is willing to pay me. A lot of companys don't want to waste thier in-house re$ource$ looking for obscure bits of information.
    : : : Did you know the first transistor was made out of a small rock, tinfoil and a paperclip? Or that electric current travels from negative to positive?
    : : : You never said what platform you were using to do this, so I can't tell you how to go live.
    : : : ET
    : : OK...I will explain my project:
    : : I have used Turbo C++ IDE (3.0) on Windows 2000 . What I am doing is record the command using Windows Recorder in mono mode at 11.5 kHz. Save it in WAV file format. My Program will read it and gets LPCs and saves it in a ref file. When I want to recognise a command, I will just record a new command, save it, get LPC codes and compare it with ref file. If the diff is less than tolerence then the voice is recognised. Hope you have got some info by now. So I want to avoid recording...stroing..stuff. Just whenever I give some command through MIC it should get analysed. So I need the sound card details.
    : : Can you help me on this?
    : : (I am afraid I can not pay for this....as I am a learner still)
    : Goto RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM and download FREQ!!.zip and FREQsrc.zip. That tutorial program will tell you most, if not all you need to know to do what you want. It inputs from the sound card to a 64k buffer. It will do both 8 and 16 bit sampling rates. You should be able to cut&paste what you need without much trouble.
    :
    : You may even find FREQ??.zip on this site.
    :
    : ET
    :
    :
    :
    :

Hi,
    I am not finding any freeq??.zip on RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM. Can you tell e any other way?
    -V
    Vivek A. Kulkarni

[b][red]This message was edited by the etlusk at 2002-4-23 7:34:29[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : : : : : : -Vikubel.
    : : : : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : : : : : : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    : : : : : : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    : : : : : : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    : : : : : : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    : : : : : : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : : : : : : et
    : : : : : Thats really great et!
    : : : : : I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    : : : : : -V
    : : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : : I do computer research for whoever is willing to pay me. A lot of companys don't want to waste thier in-house re$ource$ looking for obscure bits of information.
    : : : : Did you know the first transistor was made out of a small rock, tinfoil and a paperclip? Or that electric current travels from negative to positive?
    : : : : You never said what platform you were using to do this, so I can't tell you how to go live.
    : : : : ET
    : : : OK...I will explain my project:
    : : : I have used Turbo C++ IDE (3.0) on Windows 2000 . What I am doing is record the command using Windows Recorder in mono mode at 11.5 kHz. Save it in WAV file format. My Program will read it and gets LPCs and saves it in a ref file. When I want to recognise a command, I will just record a new command, save it, get LPC codes and compare it with ref file. If the diff is less than tolerence then the voice is recognised. Hope you have got some info by now. So I want to avoid recording...stroing..stuff. Just whenever I give some command through MIC it should get analysed. So I need the sound card details.
    : : : Can you help me on this?
    : : : (I am afraid I can not pay for this....as I am a learner still)
    : : : -V
    : : Goto RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM and download FREQ!!.zip and FREQsrc.zip. That tutorial program will tell you most, if not all you need to know to do what you want. It inputs from the sound card to a 64k buffer. It will do both 8 and 16 bit sampling rates. You should be able to cut&paste what you need without much trouble.
    : : You may even find FREQ??.zip on this site.
    : : ET
    :
    : Hi,
    : I am not finding any freeq??.zip on RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM. Can you tell e any other way?
    :
    :
    Sorry. Try www.relisoft.com and look for the spectrum analyzer. But try this first, it may be just what your looking for.It's a tutorial on recording from a sound card (WINDOWS).

http://www.relisoft.com/freeware/recorder.html

et

Hi etlusk,
    Sorry, I coud not reply you as I was not accessing the programmers heaven.
    Shall I contact you on your personal ID for further discussions?
    Thanks,
    Vivek.

: [b][red]This message was edited by the etlusk at 2002-4-23 7:34:29[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : I am working on a voice recognition software. I need to knwo how read from Sound card (any). i would like to know Whats the configuration of sound card, Buffers, Interrupts, port IDs etc. Also Code if available. Is there any site which explains all these stuff?
    : : : : : : : : -Vikubel.
    : : : : : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : Are you in WINDOWS API or SOOS (Some Other Operating System)? Look for a file named SBLIB.zip here. The SoundBlaster configuration works with a
    : : : : : : : lot of cards, it's a defacto standard.
    : : : : : : : On a normal setup the port address is 0x220, DMA channel 5 the and interrupt 3. Check your enviroment $ to look at you config.
    : : : : : : : As for voice recognition software. The M$DL site at MICRO$OFT.COM has SAP4 SDK for free. A complete Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition engine along with sample programs in VC++ and VB. It's quite good. And well worth the price (FREE!). Did I say MICRO$OFT and free in the same sentence? You bet.
    : : : : : : : I have done extensive research on both sound card and VR. So if you have trouble I may be able to help. etlusk@woodstock.com
    : : : : : : : Just say 'NO' to MFC
    : : : : : : : et
    : : : : : : Thats really great et!
    : : : : : : I have implemented the recognition portion successfully. I have used LPC algorithm to analyse the speech signal. But the main contstraint to the next step i.e. making this live is reading streaming audio command from sound card and to analyse. For that I am in a dark pipe now. Can you please elaborate your nature of work?
    : : : : : : -V
    : : : : : : Vivek A. Kulkarni
    : : : : : : htt;://geocities.com/vikubel
    : : : : : I do computer research for whoever is willing to pay me. A lot of companys don't want to waste thier in-house re$ource$ looking for obscure bits of information.
    : : : : : Did you know the first transistor was made out of a small rock, tinfoil and a paperclip? Or that electric current travels from negative to positive?
    : : : : : You never said what platform you were using to do this, so I can't tell you how to go live.
    : : : : : ET
    : : : : OK...I will explain my project:
    : : : : I have used Turbo C++ IDE (3.0) on Windows 2000 . What I am doing is record the command using Windows Recorder in mono mode at 11.5 kHz. Save it in WAV file format. My Program will read it and gets LPCs and saves it in a ref file. When I want to recognise a command, I will just record a new command, save it, get LPC codes and compare it with ref file. If the diff is less than tolerence then the voice is recognised. Hope you have got some info by now. So I want to avoid recording...stroing..stuff. Just whenever I give some command through MIC it should get analysed. So I need the sound card details.
    : : : : Can you help me on this?
    : : : : (I am afraid I can not pay for this....as I am a learner still)
    : : : : -V
    : : : Goto RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM and download FREQ!!.zip and FREQsrc.zip. That tutorial program will tell you most, if not all you need to know to do what you want. It inputs from the sound card to a 64k buffer. It will do both 8 and 16 bit sampling rates. You should be able to cut&paste what you need without much trouble.
    : : : You may even find FREQ??.zip on this site.
    : : : ET
    : : Hi,
    : : I am not finding any freeq??.zip on RELIABLESOFTWARE.COM. Can you tell e any other way?
    : Sorry. Try www.relisoft.com and look for the spectrum analyzer. But try this first, it may be just what your looking for.It's a tutorial on recording from a sound card (WINDOWS).
    :
    : http://www.relisoft.com/freeware/recorder.html
    :
    : et
    :
    :
    :
    :

Vivek A. Kulkarni

: Hi etlusk,
    : Sorry, I coud not reply you as I was not accessing the programmers heaven.
    : Shall I contact you on your personal ID for further discussions?
    : Thanks,
    : Vivek.

Greetings
    It's best to contact me at etlusk@woodstock.com.
    See you there!

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

_ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about < Perl, Scratch, PL/SQL, R, Visual Basic, Swift, JavaScript, Ruby, PHP, MATLAB, Assembly, Java, C#, C++, C, Visual Basic .NET, Go, Objective-C, Python, Delphi VBScript, Ada, F#, ML, D, Apex, Julia, ABAP, Prolog, Kotlin, Lua, FoxPro, Dart, COBOL, Erlang, Alice, Fortran, Lisp, Logo, Awk, Clojure, Bash, Hack, Crystal, Rust, Scheme, SAS, Scala, Transact-SQL, LabVIEW /> ________