Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Teach me how to code and implement message board

Hi this is urgent .I need to quickly learn how to make the message board. I dont know where to start. i know that it should be done through jsp but I'm not sure how. This is one of the task I've been given for my last years project. Please anyone tell me where to look for it. I also need to implement this message board on the system that works on tomcat server. Any ips on that?

Comments

• umasha79umasha79 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I m sorry tht i m replying u late but since i have seen your message 2day as i m a new member of this web site.
    I can solve your query as i designed a message board. My message board was a simple one with the facility tht every can send the message to every other person who is currently logged in to my site. In fact, it cld. further be improved also by just connecting it to the database thru JDBC but i didnt do it.
    Well for Message board, u need 2 classes at least. one for the members and one for the messages. my Message class is directly related with Member class. you can use these classes as a bean in your jsp pages.

What you have to do is tht. whe a new user enters logs in to your site you should create a new instance for it. One thing tht u shd. keep in mind is tht keep a Vector Message class in member class so tht it contains all the messages tht is being sent to it.

U ve to make some jsps like for login, for composing messages, for confirmation and for logout.

The procedure is very simple. Whenever user wanna write a message personally or to all of the users. His message creates the new instance of a Message class. This instace should contain the fields like the sender, reciever (which are both name fields of the Member class) and the message itself which can b a string object. When it clicks on the send button just invole the setMessage() method which shd. b in your message class and which sets all the above stated fields. In this way u can send message personally to any1.

To send a broadcast message all you ve to do is to maintain a vector of names of all the members of your class and by just iterating through it and invoking setMessage() method for every member, you can do the broadcast also.

I can send u the code also if u wannit.

Hadios,
    Umair Ahmed Shaikh

: Hi this is urgent .I need to quickly learn how to make the message board. I dont know where to start. i know that it should be done through jsp but I'm not sure how. This is one of the task I've been given for my last years project. Please anyone tell me where to look for it. I also need to implement this message board on the system that works on tomcat server. Any ips on that?
    :

• bikerbabebikerbabe Member Posts: 1
    Hiya,
    If you could send me the source code i would really appreciate it
    beauty_70@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    b
  • ArnieArnie Member Posts: 155
    hi,
    could i get the files for the msg board as well? thanks!
    arnie_29@hotmail.com

: Hi,
    : I m sorry tht i m replying u late but since i have seen your message 2day as i m a new member of this web site.
    : I can solve your query as i designed a message board. My message board was a simple one with the facility tht every can send the message to every other person who is currently logged in to my site. In fact, it cld. further be improved also by just connecting it to the database thru JDBC but i didnt do it.
    : Well for Message board, u need 2 classes at least. one for the members and one for the messages. my Message class is directly related with Member class. you can use these classes as a bean in your jsp pages.
    :
    : What you have to do is tht. whe a new user enters logs in to your site you should create a new instance for it. One thing tht u shd. keep in mind is tht keep a Vector Message class in member class so tht it contains all the messages tht is being sent to it.
    :
    : U ve to make some jsps like for login, for composing messages, for confirmation and for logout.
    :
    : The procedure is very simple. Whenever user wanna write a message personally or to all of the users. His message creates the new instance of a Message class. This instace should contain the fields like the sender, reciever (which are both name fields of the Member class) and the message itself which can b a string object. When it clicks on the send button just invole the setMessage() method which shd. b in your message class and which sets all the above stated fields. In this way u can send message personally to any1.
    :
    : To send a broadcast message all you ve to do is to maintain a vector of names of all the members of your class and by just iterating through it and invoking setMessage() method for every member, you can do the broadcast also.
    :
    : I can send u the code also if u wannit.
    :
    : Hadios,
    : Umair Ahmed Shaikh
    :
    :
    :
    : : Hi this is urgent .I need to quickly learn how to make the message board. I dont know where to start. i know that it should be done through jsp but I'm not sure how. This is one of the task I've been given for my last years project. Please anyone tell me where to look for it. I also need to implement this message board on the system that works on tomcat server. Any ips on that?
    : :
    :
    :

• DelliDelli Member Posts: 1
    [b][red]This message was edited by Delli at 2002-8-25 11:19:51[/red][/b][hr]
    hi i'd like to get the msg board too.. can ya send it to email
    at nothing755@hotmail.com
    thnks =)

: hi,
    : could i get the files for the msg board as well? thanks!
    : arnie_29@hotmail.com
    :
    : : Hi,
    : : I m sorry tht i m replying u late but since i have seen your message 2day as i m a new member of this web site.
    : : I can solve your query as i designed a message board. My message board was a simple one with the facility tht every can send the message to every other person who is currently logged in to my site. In fact, it cld. further be improved also by just connecting it to the database thru JDBC but i didnt do it.
    : : Well for Message board, u need 2 classes at least. one for the members and one for the messages. my Message class is directly related with Member class. you can use these classes as a bean in your jsp pages.
    : : What you have to do is tht. whe a new user enters logs in to your site you should create a new instance for it. One thing tht u shd. keep in mind is tht keep a Vector Message class in member class so tht it contains all the messages tht is being sent to it.
    : : U ve to make some jsps like for login, for composing messages, for confirmation and for logout.
    : : The procedure is very simple. Whenever user wanna write a message personally or to all of the users. His message creates the new instance of a Message class. This instace should contain the fields like the sender, reciever (which are both name fields of the Member class) and the message itself which can b a string object. When it clicks on the send button just invole the setMessage() method which shd. b in your message class and which sets all the above stated fields. In this way u can send message personally to any1.
    : : To send a broadcast message all you ve to do is to maintain a vector of names of all the members of your class and by just iterating through it and invoking setMessage() method for every member, you can do the broadcast also.
    : : I can send u the code also if u wannit.
    : : Hadios,
    : : Umair Ahmed Shaikh
    : : : Hi this is urgent .I need to quickly learn how to make the message board. I dont know where to start. i know that it should be done through jsp but I'm not sure how. This is one of the task I've been given for my last years project. Please anyone tell me where to look for it. I also need to implement this message board on the system that works on tomcat server. Any ips on that?
    : : :
    :
    :

• moseley01moseley01 Member Posts: 1

after reading you reply to this thead Umair Ahmed Shaikh i am very interested in viewing the code as i'm very sure it will help me also.
    would you be so kind as to send me a copy assalaam74@hotmail.com
    thanks

: I m sorry tht i m replying u late but since i have seen your message 2day as i m a new member of this web site.
    : I can solve your query as i designed a message board. My message board was a simple one with the facility tht every can send the message to every other person who is currently logged in to my site. In fact, it cld. further be improved also by just connecting it to the database thru JDBC but i didnt do it.
    : Well for Message board, u need 2 classes at least. one for the members and one for the messages. my Message class is directly related with Member class. you can use these classes as a bean in your jsp pages.
    :
    : What you have to do is tht. whe a new user enters logs in to your site you should create a new instance for it. One thing tht u shd. keep in mind is tht keep a Vector Message class in member class so tht it contains all the messages tht is being sent to it.
    :
    : U ve to make some jsps like for login, for composing messages, for confirmation and for logout.
    :
    : The procedure is very simple. Whenever user wanna write a message personally or to all of the users. His message creates the new instance of a Message class. This instace should contain the fields like the sender, reciever (which are both name fields of the Member class) and the message itself which can b a string object. When it clicks on the send button just invole the setMessage() method which shd. b in your message class and which sets all the above stated fields. In this way u can send message personally to any1.
    :
    : To send a broadcast message all you ve to do is to maintain a vector of names of all the members of your class and by just iterating through it and invoking setMessage() method for every member, you can do the broadcast also.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : Hi this is urgent .I need to quickly learn how to make the message board. I dont know where to start. i know that it should be done through jsp but I'm not sure how. This is one of the task I've been given for my last years project. Please anyone tell me where to look for it. I also need to implement this message board on the system that works on tomcat server. Any ips on that?
    :
    :

• lemonlemon Member Posts: 1
    ey could u send me the files too? my email add is lem0n5@yahoo.com thanks. =p
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Delli at 2002-8-25 11:19:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : hi i'd like to get the msg board too.. can ya send it to email
    : at nothing755@hotmail.com
    : thnks =)
    :
    :
    : : hi,
    : : could i get the files for the msg board as well? thanks!
    : : arnie_29@hotmail.com
    : : : Hi,
    : : : I m sorry tht i m replying u late but since i have seen your message 2day as i m a new member of this web site.
    : : : I can solve your query as i designed a message board. My message board was a simple one with the facility tht every can send the message to every other person who is currently logged in to my site. In fact, it cld. further be improved also by just connecting it to the database thru JDBC but i didnt do it.
    : : : Well for Message board, u need 2 classes at least. one for the members and one for the messages. my Message class is directly related with Member class. you can use these classes as a bean in your jsp pages.
    : : : What you have to do is tht. whe a new user enters logs in to your site you should create a new instance for it. One thing tht u shd. keep in mind is tht keep a Vector Message class in member class so tht it contains all the messages tht is being sent to it.
    : : : U ve to make some jsps like for login, for composing messages, for confirmation and for logout.
    : : : The procedure is very simple. Whenever user wanna write a message personally or to all of the users. His message creates the new instance of a Message class. This instace should contain the fields like the sender, reciever (which are both name fields of the Member class) and the message itself which can b a string object. When it clicks on the send button just invole the setMessage() method which shd. b in your message class and which sets all the above stated fields. In this way u can send message personally to any1.
    : : : To send a broadcast message all you ve to do is to maintain a vector of names of all the members of your class and by just iterating through it and invoking setMessage() method for every member, you can do the broadcast also.
    : : : I can send u the code also if u wannit.
    : : : Hadios,
    : : : Umair Ahmed Shaikh
    : : : : Hi this is urgent .I need to quickly learn how to make the message board. I dont know where to start. i know that it should be done through jsp but I'm not sure how. This is one of the task I've been given for my last years project. Please anyone tell me where to look for it. I also need to implement this message board on the system that works on tomcat server. Any ips on that?
    : : : :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• JinLingJinLing Member Posts: 1
    Could you please send me the source code at
    jinling1080@yahoo.com.
    Thanks.
    Best,
    JinLing

:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• dmcdmmdmcdmm Member Posts: 2
    Hello

Could you please also send me the codes to build the messageboard.

Thank you

Jon
  • dmcdmmdmcdmm Member Posts: 2
    Hello

Could you please also send me the codes to build a message board.

My e-maail is dmcdmm9@hotmail.com

Thank you very much

Jon
  • raoaksharaoaksha Member Posts: 1
    Hi Umair,
    can you mail me (t_akshay@yahoo.com) the source code for the message board or give me some pointers on how to develop one.

thanks for the help.
    regards,
    akshay.

:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :