plug-in

If every body on this site is a programmer
then there is some 1 how can tell me what the source is for building a plug-in in C++ builder or VB.

GLOBOTECH.

Comments

• : If every body on this site is a programmer
    : then there is some 1 how can tell me what the source is for building a plug-in in C++ builder or VB.
    :
    : GLOBOTECH.
    :
    :

plugin for what?

if it is for your own program, you need to define some imported functions in your program. then you need to create some exported functions in your DLL file for these. now this DLL is your app's plugin.

you can go through the winamp plugin SDK available for free on the Winamp's site (http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/)

• : : If every body on this site is a programmer
    : : then there is some 1 how can tell me what the source is for building a plug-in in C++ builder or VB.
    : :
    : : GLOBOTECH.
    :
    : plugin for what?
    :
    : if it is for your own program, you need to define some imported functions in your program. then you need to create some exported functions in your DLL file for these. now this DLL is your app's plugin.
    :
    : you can go through the winamp plugin SDK available for free on the Winamp's site (http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/)
    :
    :
    For a program i'm building in borland C++ builder somthing like what winamp has a simpel audio plug-in sourcecode
  • [b][red]This message was edited by the elechi at 2002-4-9 3:8:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : If every body on this site is a programmer
    : : : then there is some 1 how can tell me what the source is for building a plug-in in C++ builder or VB.
    : : :
    : : : GLOBOTECH.
    : : plugin for what?
    : : if it is for your own program, you need to define some imported functions in your program. then you need to create some exported functions in your DLL file for these. now this DLL is your app's plugin.
    : : you can go through the winamp plugin SDK available for free on the Winamp's site (http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/)
    : For a program i'm building in borland C++ builder somthing like what winamp has a simpel audio plug-in sourcecode
    :

if you want your own kind of plugins then you have to define the callback functions.

it goes something like this.

Main program - M
    Plugin - P (as a .DLL File)

M - searches for .DLL files in the plugins dir
    M - loads each DLL using LoadModule API
    M - trys to get a pointer to a predifined function (your own) inside
    the Module Using GetProcAddress API
    M - If not found it assumes it is not its plugin
    M - If found calls the function.
    P - Returns the Module Description through this function(the function)
    May also return a pointer to another function inside the DLL. Hence
    register's itself into the plugins
    M - Continues calling some callback function registered in the previous
    stage when and where required.

this is just an idea what i have given. you can go through the winmp visualization SDK at the location which i sent earlier