CreatePatternBrush in 95/98 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

CreatePatternBrush in 95/98

Hi all, is there a way to create a brush in 95/98 that's more than 8 by 8 in size and has more than 8 bpp?

Your help is much appreciated.

Comments

• According to the documentation I have, a brush larger than 8x8 cannot be created under Windows 95, but it can under 98 and 2000.

Im not sure about the 8 bpp thing, If you can get a bitmap that has greater than 8 bpp into the HBITMAP it might work. If I come acrost anything more I'll be sure to post it or e-mail it.

Hope this helps,

Justin

• Yup you are right, Thanks! no problem creating a brush from a 24 bpp HBITMAP in 95.

Ive developed this project under NT, was too stupid to read the docs carefully and now I'm in trouble. My project relies heavily on brushes bigger than 8*8 and everything I tried to make it work in 95 failed.. Maybe I should delay the release a couple of years till everyone is using 2000 :)

Thanks for your time.