VB6.0: Memory Could not be "Read" - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB6.0: Memory Could not be "Read"

SMM02SMM02 Posts: 2Member
I have a project that contains several forms. When I open a form in design mode or execute the form, after a few seconds I get the following application error: The instruction at "0x77e13e49" referenced memory at "0x00796c6e". The memory could not be "read". Does anyone have a clue on this one? Need help...

Comments

• hobbyhobby Posts: 84Member
    : I have a project that contains several forms. When I open a form in design mode or execute the form, after a few seconds I get the following application error: The instruction at "0x77e13e49" referenced memory at "0x00796c6e". The memory could not be "read". Does anyone have a clue on this one? Need help...
    :
    :

This could be a number of errors. Do you have any custom ActiveX controls on the form? Are you running anything in a Timer that executes after a couple seconds? Or are you running a For or Do Loop?

This sometimes happens if you run out of memory (from a neverending do loop) or you have coded incorrectly. For instance, on a terrain generation program I wrote, if I misread the buffer I create, or if I have a for loop that goes from 0 to 255, but I read the 257th entry, I sometimes get this error about the memory. Check your code and see if this helps.