kernel32 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

kernel32

hello.... I dont know how to program in windows, but having scoured most of the internet already, i guessed you guys might be able to help me.
virtually every time i run internet explorer, after about half an hour, even if im not online anymore, i get an error message about kernel32.dll. when i try to cross it off or press cancel, it comess back. even when i try to end task. it does not respond to anything, but stays there. this is really bugging me, and could anyone please explain how to get rid of it, or at least tell me what im doing wrong so i can avoid it in the future...
thanx!!!

*K*

Comments

• etlusketlusk Posts: 168Member
    : hello.... I dont know how to program in windows, but having scoured most of the internet already, i guessed you guys might be able to help me.
    : virtually every time i run internet explorer, after about half an hour, even if im not online anymore, i get an error message about kernel32.dll. when i try to cross it off or press cancel, it comess back. even when i try to end task. it does not respond to anything, but stays there. this is really bugging me, and could anyone please explain how to get rid of it, or at least tell me what im doing wrong so i can avoid it in the future...
    : thanx!!!
    :
    : *K*
    :
    You may need to update your kernal32.dll. M$ sends out updates with copies of IE. Try downloading the
    latest version of it from the M$ site. You didn't say what WINDOWS you are using. I had trouble with WIN 95 and
    the kernal32.dll with NetScape. After going to WINDOW$-ME the problem is solved. If nothing else recopy it from your
    WINDOWS disk (you have to do it from DOS I think) and see if that helps.

Who knows maybe it's just tired of working.

DIGITALMECHANIC

DigitalMechanic

• chicken_lickenchicken_licken Posts: 14Member
    : : hello.... I dont know how to program in windows, but having scoured most of the internet already, i guessed you guys might be able to help me.
    : : virtually every time i run internet explorer, after about half an hour, even if im not online anymore, i get an error message about kernel32.dll. when i try to cross it off or press cancel, it comess back. even when i try to end task. it does not respond to anything, but stays there. this is really bugging me, and could anyone please explain how to get rid of it, or at least tell me what im doing wrong so i can avoid it in the future...
    : : thanx!!!
    : :
    : : *K*
    : You may need to update your kernal32.dll. M$ sends out updates with copies of IE. Try downloading the
    : latest version of it from the M$ site. You didn't say what WINDOWS you are using. I had trouble with WIN 95 and
    : the kernal32.dll with NetScape. After going to WINDOW$-ME the problem is solved. If nothing else recopy it from your
    : WINDOWS disk (you have to do it from DOS I think) and see if that helps.
    :
    : Who knows maybe it's just tired of working.
    :
    : DIGITALMECHANIC
    :
    : DigitalMechanic
    :
    :
    :
    im already running ME, that was preinstalled on my pc. where can ib get the disc from?
    *k*
  • etlusketlusk Posts: 168Member
    : : : hello.... I dont know how to program in windows, but having scoured most of the internet already, i guessed you guys might be able to help me.
    : : : virtually every time i run internet explorer, after about half an hour, even if im not online anymore, i get an error message about kernel32.dll. when i try to cross it off or press cancel, it comess back. even when i try to end task. it does not respond to anything, but stays there. this is really bugging me, and could anyone please explain how to get rid of it, or at least tell me what im doing wrong so i can avoid it in the future...
    : : : thanx!!!
    : : :
    : : : *K*
    : : :
    : : You may need to update your kernal32.dll. M$ sends out updates with copies of IE. Try downloading the
    : : latest version of it from the M$ site. You didn't say what WINDOWS you are using. I had trouble with WIN 95 and
    : : the kernal32.dll with NetScape. After going to WINDOW$-ME the problem is solved. If nothing else recopy it from your
    : : WINDOWS disk (you have to do it from DOS I think) and see if that helps.
    : : Who knows maybe it's just tired of working.
    : : DIGITALMECHANIC
    : : DigitalMechanic
    : im already running ME, that was preinstalled on my pc. where can ib get the disc from?
    : *k*
    :
    You mean you paid Micro$oft for an operating system and they didn't give you a CD copy of it?
    Give me the size and date of your KERNAL32.DLL and I'll send you the most up-to-date one I have.
    I suspect it is the one off of the ME first edition. 524 kbytes and dated around 6/8/2000.

I'll have to send it as an attachent so include an email address where you can recieve it.
    ET
    JUST SAY 'NO' to MFC