Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

hey guys

ehsax00ehsax00 Member Posts: 219
Im a regular at the C++ forums here, and I was just wondering. Is there any difference between coding for a comp nd for a console? Like, for my playstation....would I have to learn a new language? Just curious...something I've always wondered
[italic]I have studied long and hard. All I learned was that out of all the laws in the universe, one is outstanding and absolute. Nothing is for certain.[/italic]

Comments

• NishRevertNishRevert Member Posts: 64
    : Im a regular at the C++ forums here, and I was just wondering. Is there any difference between coding for a comp nd for a console? Like, for my playstation....would I have to learn a new language? Just curious...something I've always wondered
    : [italic]I have studied long and hard. All I learned was that out of all the laws in the universe, one is outstanding and absolute. Nothing is for certain.[/italic]
    :

Not really a big difference. It depends on the console you want to program on. The new machines especially are easier. Some of the older ones required knowledge of Assembler for their processors as well as some even today. There are packages called Middleware that can handle these differences though, so that you can in fact use different languages like c++ or delphi. Hope that answered your question.
  • ehsax00ehsax00 Member Posts: 219
    :Hope that answered your question.
    :

sure did, thanks.

[italic]I have studied long and hard. All I learned was that out of all the laws in the universe, one is outstanding and absolute. Nothing is for certain.[/italic]

• NishRevertNishRevert Member Posts: 64
    I forgot to tell you that you will need a Development kit ( that is why the middleware exists in the first place). Like Sony Playstation 2 uses the DTL-T10000, and the X-BOX uses thier XDK (xbox dev kit), which are both Machines. The price differences are: DTL-T10000 - 20,000 USD and then you have the XBOX which I haven't even gotten a price out of yet, but they are said to be much much less money. (like 5,000 or so).

: :Hope that answered your question.
    : :
    :
    : sure did, thanks.
    :
    :
    :
    : [italic]I have studied long and hard. All I learned was that out of all the laws in the universe, one is outstanding and absolute. Nothing is for certain.[/italic]
    :
    :

• ehsax00ehsax00 Member Posts: 219
    : I forgot to tell you that you will need a Development kit ( that is why the middleware exists in the first place). Like Sony Playstation 2 uses the DTL-T10000, and the X-BOX uses thier XDK (xbox dev kit), which are both Machines. The price differences are: DTL-T10000 - 20,000 USD and then you have the XBOX which I haven't even gotten a price out of yet, but they are said to be much much less money. (like 5,000 or so).

aya y ay

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

_____ || http://forcoder.org || free video tutorials and ebooks about [ Delphi Visual Basic Objective-C JavaScript MATLAB Scratch Perl Python Java Visual Basic .NET C++ C PL/SQL Swift Ruby C# PHP Go R Assembly Erlang FoxPro SAS Transact-SQL F# Hack VBScript D Scala Lua Crystal Bash Lisp Awk Clojure Scheme Alice Logo Dart Ada Julia LabVIEW ABAP Apex Rust COBOL ML Kotlin Fortran Prolog ] ____