Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Database - please help HAVE AN EXTREME DEADLINE!

I need some help ASAP!

I want to program an online database to signup students for different events that occur. I tried using Microsoft Access Database but our server doesn't support it and/or it can't find the drivers. Is there anyway to program that same idea with something like a text file, etc.?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Comments

• MishkaMishka Posts: 5Member
    do you know how to program in perl or php or anyother CGI language ? using either of these languages you can take user info from a HTML form, eg, student ID and Event name, and write them to a file.

the file structure you'd want would be something like:

name,event;
    name,event;

It's very easy to do. ( 10 minutes max).

Cheers.

Mishka

: I need some help ASAP!
    :
    : I want to program an online database to signup students for different events that occur. I tried using Microsoft Access Database but our server doesn't support it and/or it can't find the drivers. Is there anyway to program that same idea with something like a text file, etc.?
    :
    : Any help would be appreciated!!!
    :