Alphabetical Sort - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Alphabetical Sort

paulcathcartpaulcathcart Posts: 7Member
Does anyone know a way to sort alphabetically with no precedence being given to case? Take the following output:

AZP
Allfirst
Amadaeus
BYU
Brightstar

This is the returned list of customers I receive when I do a normal sort. However, it is not really alphabetical.

Thanks...

Paul

Comments

• sumedhsumedh Posts: 103Member
    : Does anyone know a way to sort alphabetically with no precedence being given to case? Take the following output:
    :
    : AZP
    : Allfirst
    : Amadaeus
    : BYU
    : Brightstar
    :
    : This is the returned list of customers I receive when I do a normal sort. However, it is not really alphabetical.
    :
    : Thanks...
    :
    : Paul
    :

if ur inserting all your data into a 'list' or a 'combo box', you could try setting the 'Sorted' property for either of these to 'true'....

-sumedh
    [hr]
    [purple]
    [b]Dont think you can, [red]KNOW[/red] you can....
    [/b]
    [purple]

• paulcathcartpaulcathcart Posts: 7Member
    : : Does anyone know a way to sort alphabetically with no precedence being given to case? Take the following output:
    : :
    : : AZP
    : : Allfirst
    : : Amadaeus
    : : BYU
    : : Brightstar
    : : This is the returned list of customers I receive when I do a normal sort. However, it is not really alphabetical.
    : : Thanks...
    : : Paul
    :
    : if ur inserting all your data into a 'list' or a 'combo box', you could try setting the 'Sorted' property for either of these to 'true'....
    :
    : -sumedh
    : [hr]
    : [purple]
    : [b]Dont think you can, [red]KNOW[/red] you can....
    : [/b]
    : [purple]
    :
    :

This info is being read in from a text file and then output again into another text file...
  • sumedhsumedh Posts: 103Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by the sumedh at 2002-4-3 5:2:11[/red][/b][hr]
    sorry......DUMB me thought i was in another messageboard......what u see in my post is for VB.....

my appologies....
    -sumedh