Alphabetical Sort - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Alphabetical Sort

paulcathcartpaulcathcart Posts: 7Member
Does anyone know a way to sort alphabetically with no precedence being given to case? Take the following output:

AZP
Allfirst
Amadaeus
BYU
Brightstar

This is the returned list of customers I receive when I do a normal sort. However, it is not really alphabetical.

Thanks...

Paul

Comments

• sumedhsumedh Posts: 103Member
    : Does anyone know a way to sort alphabetically with no precedence being given to case? Take the following output:
    :
    : AZP
    : Allfirst
    : Amadaeus
    : BYU
    : Brightstar
    :
    : This is the returned list of customers I receive when I do a normal sort. However, it is not really alphabetical.
    :
    : Thanks...
    :
    : Paul
    :

if ur inserting all your data into a 'list' or a 'combo box', you could try setting the 'Sorted' property for either of these to 'true'....

-sumedh
    [hr]
    [purple]
    [b]Dont think you can, [red]KNOW[/red] you can....
    [/b]
    [purple]

• paulcathcartpaulcathcart Posts: 7Member
    : : Does anyone know a way to sort alphabetically with no precedence being given to case? Take the following output:
    : :
    : : AZP
    : : Allfirst
    : : Amadaeus
    : : BYU
    : : Brightstar
    : : This is the returned list of customers I receive when I do a normal sort. However, it is not really alphabetical.
    : : Thanks...
    : : Paul
    :
    : if ur inserting all your data into a 'list' or a 'combo box', you could try setting the 'Sorted' property for either of these to 'true'....
    :
    : -sumedh
    : [hr]
    : [purple]
    : [b]Dont think you can, [red]KNOW[/red] you can....
    : [/b]
    : [purple]
    :
    :

This info is being read in from a text file and then output again into another text file...
  • sumedhsumedh Posts: 103Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by the sumedh at 2002-4-3 5:2:11[/red][/b][hr]
    sorry......DUMB me thought i was in another messageboard......what u see in my post is for VB.....

my appologies....
    -sumedh