Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

TSR IN DOS... TAKING INPUT FROM MICROPHONE

kooladikooladi Member Posts: 72
I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW IF ITS POSSIBLE TO WRITE A TSR WHICH TAKES INPUT FROM A MICROPHONE WHILE DOS (OR ANY APPLICATION IN DOS IS WORKING).
THE THOUGHT BEHIND THIS IS TO MAKE DOS MORE USER FRIENDLY..ie. SUPPOSE A USER SPEAKS INTO HIS/HER MICROPHNONE.."TC"..then tc gets displayed on the screen and the turbo c opens...i.e to give commands of dos through a microphone..

IS IT POSSIBLE OR IT IS A FAR FETCHED IDEA? IF IT IS ...WHAT KIND OF KNOWLEDGE DO I NEED TO HAVE....

ADITYA

Comments

• Haroldo_o_pHaroldo_o_p Member Posts: 79
    : I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW IF ITS POSSIBLE TO WRITE A TSR WHICH TAKES INPUT FROM A MICROPHONE WHILE DOS (OR ANY APPLICATION IN DOS IS WORKING).
    : THE THOUGHT BEHIND THIS IS TO MAKE DOS MORE USER FRIENDLY..ie. SUPPOSE A USER SPEAKS INTO HIS/HER MICROPHNONE.."TC"..then tc gets displayed on the screen and the turbo c opens...i.e to give commands of dos through a microphone..
    :
    :
    : IS IT POSSIBLE OR IT IS A FAR FETCHED IDEA? IF IT IS ...WHAT KIND OF KNOWLEDGE DO I NEED TO HAVE....
    :
    : ADITYA
    :

It's possible, yes, but it would take quite a lot of memory. Anyway, I think I saw some speech-recogntion source in C, here on Programmers Heaven.