Compiler

[b][red]This message was edited by the compuchip at 2002-4-1 11:1:53[/red][/b][hr]
I have QBasic 4.5 but that's bound to the 64K limit. The problem is I have a module (program) of 70K which I desperately need to compile.

I already tried splitting it up into 2 35K modules - but I don't know how to get my SHARED arrays accessible in both modules.

So if anyone knows how to do this or where to get another compiler which doesn't have this 64K limit, pleeeeeeeease mail me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS. I have a linker (the one that comes with Borland C++ Builder 5), so a program that only compiles into .obj - files would also be great.
Thanks again.

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by the compuchip at 2002-4-1 11:1:53[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have QBasic 4.5 but that's bound to the 64K limit. The problem is I have a module (program) of 70K which I desperately need to compile.
    :
    : I already tried splitting it up into 2 35K modules - but I don't know how to get my SHARED arrays accessible in both modules.
    :
    : So if anyone knows how to do this or where to get another compiler which doesn't have this 64K limit, pleeeeeeeease mail me.
    :
    : Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    :
    : PS. I have a linker (the one that comes with Borland C++ Builder 5), so a program that only compiles into .obj - files would also be great.
    : Thanks again.
    :

It's been a while, but it seems to me you can use the various exes that come with QB to compile and link yourself.
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by the compuchip at 2002-4-1 11:1:53[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I have QBasic 4.5 but that's bound to the 64K limit. The problem is I have a module (program) of 70K which I desperately need to compile.
    : :
    : : I already tried splitting it up into 2 35K modules - but I don't know how to get my SHARED arrays accessible in both modules.
    : : So if anyone knows how to do this or where to get another compiler which doesn't have this 64K limit, pleeeeeeeease mail me.
    : : Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    : : PS. I have a linker (the one that comes with Borland C++ Builder 5), so a program that only compiles into .obj - files would also be great.
    : : Thanks again.
    :
    : It's been a while, but it seems to me you can use the various exes that come with QB to compile and link yourself.
    :
    Yes, I tried. The trouble is in the linker I think, because I get an .obj file, but when I try to link it, it jumps out.
    But on this, my Borland linker won't work, because it's a 32-bit version and won't compile QB's 16-bit source.
  • : Yes, I tried. The trouble is in the linker I think, because I get an .obj file, but when I try to link it, it jumps out.
    : But on this, my Borland linker won't work, because it's a 32-bit version and won't compile QB's 16-bit source.
    :

I was hoping that would work. Too bad it didn't...

Hope you can figure it out!
  • [b][red]This message was edited by the ericj2190 at 2002-4-8 18:3:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I have QBasic 4.5 but that's bound to the 64K limit. The problem is I have a module (program) of 70K which I desperately need to compile.
    : : :
    : : : I already tried splitting it up into 2 35K modules - but I don't know how to get my SHARED arrays accessible in both modules.
    : : : So if anyone knows how to do this or where to get another compiler which doesn't have this 64K limit, pleeeeeeeease mail me.
    : : : Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    : : : PS. I have a linker (the one that comes with Borland C++ Builder 5), so a program that only compiles into .obj - files would also be great.
    : : : Thanks again.
    : : It's been a while, but it seems to me you can use the various exes that come with QB to compile and link yourself.
    : Yes, I tried. The trouble is in the linker I think, because I get an .obj file, but when I try to link it, it jumps out.
    : But on this, my Borland linker won't work, because it's a 32-bit version and won't compile QB's 16-bit source.
    :
    I think I have a 16-bit linker.