Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

javascript:window.open()

Jeff P.Jeff P. Posts: 196Member
Javascript popup windows are nice, if used properly (which this site does)
However, they can also be very annoying if they are abused (like a lot of other sites do)

The latest version of netscape has an option to disable these windows completely,
and I am currently using this feature.

This works fine for 99% of the sites I visit, but it gives me problems at PH,
I cannot access the "bookmarks" feature, "view current results" of the user surveys, etc.

So I vote "NO" to using popups in ANY webpages !!!

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    I am sorry that you can't view my popup's but at this moment I feel that its a necessary thing to make the site more usable.

You can view the results of the survey's without the popup's here:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/community/userpoll/poll_archive.htm

but bookmarking a page without popup's are not possible at this point. Also it would be difficult to get both versions into the system. A solution could have been to have a settings in "my settings" section for administrate if you like popup's or not, but that's not on the agenda at this moment.

Perhaps I could use some detection on your javascript capabilities, and I have to look into that.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• Jeff P.Jeff P. Posts: 196Member
    Hopefully the next release of Netscape will have a fix for this.

The problem is not so much with popups in general, but popups that
    execute from the body's "onLoad" attribute are the real nuisance.
    ( Thankfully, your site doesn't use these! )

The next Netscape should be able to detect the difference,
    and only disable the "automatic" kind.

Other than this one small problem, your new site is great !!!