Background Processes and Pipes - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Background Processes and Pipes

paladinpaladin Posts: 97Member
I have seen some message posts regarding using pipes and background processes. I am interested in power programming (I do scientific analysis) using LINUX and would appreciate any help getting information on this type of programming. Is there a good book that I can read?

Thanks.....

Paladin

How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?
- Al Gore on Y2K

Comments

• mikemcmikemc Posts: 4Member
    I found this book useful, the "Linux Programming Bible", for learning all kinds of tricks in Linux programming... For some reason my cut/paste isn't working right now so I can't paste the link, but it's the first book to pop up when you search at amazon for linux programming bible..

good luck,
    Mike

: I have seen some message posts regarding using pipes and background processes. I am interested in power programming (I do scientific analysis) using LINUX and would appreciate any help getting information on this type of programming. Is there a good book that I can read?
    :
    : Thanks.....
    :
    : Paladin
    :
    : How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?
    : - Al Gore on Y2K
    :
    :
    :

• paladinpaladin Posts: 97Member
    : I found this book useful, the "Linux Programming Bible", for learning all kinds of tricks in Linux programming... For some reason my cut/paste isn't working right now so I can't paste the link, but it's the first book to pop up when you search at amazon for linux programming bible..
    :
    : good luck,
    : Mike
    :
    :
    : : I have seen some message posts regarding using pipes and background processes. I am interested in power programming (I do scientific analysis) using LINUX and would appreciate any help getting information on this type of programming. Is there a good book that I can read?
    : :
    : : Thanks.....
    : : Paladin
    : : How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?
    : : - Al Gore on Y2K
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Paladin