Background Processes and Pipes - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Background Processes and Pipes

paladinpaladin Posts: 97Member
I have seen some message posts regarding using pipes and background processes. I am interested in power programming (I do scientific analysis) using LINUX and would appreciate any help getting information on this type of programming. Is there a good book that I can read?

Thanks.....

Paladin

How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?
- Al Gore on Y2K

Comments

• mikemcmikemc Posts: 4Member
    I found this book useful, the "Linux Programming Bible", for learning all kinds of tricks in Linux programming... For some reason my cut/paste isn't working right now so I can't paste the link, but it's the first book to pop up when you search at amazon for linux programming bible..

good luck,
    Mike

: I have seen some message posts regarding using pipes and background processes. I am interested in power programming (I do scientific analysis) using LINUX and would appreciate any help getting information on this type of programming. Is there a good book that I can read?
    :
    : Thanks.....
    :
    : Paladin
    :
    : How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?
    : - Al Gore on Y2K
    :
    :
    :

• paladinpaladin Posts: 97Member
    : I found this book useful, the "Linux Programming Bible", for learning all kinds of tricks in Linux programming... For some reason my cut/paste isn't working right now so I can't paste the link, but it's the first book to pop up when you search at amazon for linux programming bible..
    :
    : good luck,
    : Mike
    :
    :
    : : I have seen some message posts regarding using pipes and background processes. I am interested in power programming (I do scientific analysis) using LINUX and would appreciate any help getting information on this type of programming. Is there a good book that I can read?
    : :
    : : Thanks.....
    : : Paladin
    : : How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?
    : : - Al Gore on Y2K
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Paladin