Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

CPU not recognised

garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
[b][red]This message was edited by the garwain at 2002-3-22 7:47:27[/red][/b][hr]
I have just added a second CPU to my ASUS A7M255-D board but it is not being recognised by windows or even the BIOS. After reading the manual several times I have not found any referance to any jumpers or BIOS settings that need to be changed.

The processors are both AMD 1600+ MP processors

Any ideas would be appreciated

PS could it be the socket is bad? I have tested both processors in the socket CPU1 and they work fine, but neither will be detected in CPU0. I have had previous trouble with theis board where it was missing a circuit between the PS2 port and the board, which was repaired on warranty.

Ben Martin :-D
programmer

Comments

• AzsxQuiAzsxQui Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

Are Both CPU's being detected @ boot time? I would check the CPU's seperately to know if they are both in working order. Also, it matters which application and OS you are using as some of the older windows 95/98/ME have no Multi-CPU support. Did you check the ASUS site, maybe they have FAQ or patches available for your problem. Last of all, Dual Intel systems (P2) Had issues where you need two CPU's from a similar production Batch...Otherwise they may not work, dont know if this requirement also applies to AMD. So try checking the AMD site as well.

Good Luck

: [b][red]This message was edited by the garwain at 2002-3-22 7:47:27[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have just added a second CPU to my ASUS A7M255-D board but it is not being recognised by windows or even the BIOS. After reading the manual several times I have not found any referance to any jumpers or BIOS settings that need to be changed.
    :
    : The processors are both AMD 1600+ MP processors
    :
    : Any ideas would be appreciated
    :
    : PS could it be the socket is bad? I have tested both processors in the socket CPU1 and they work fine, but neither will be detected in CPU0. I have had previous trouble with theis board where it was missing a circuit between the PS2 port and the board, which was repaired on warranty.
    :
    : Ben Martin :-D
    : programmer
    :
    :
    :
    :
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

____ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about ( Visual Basic MATLAB C++ Visual Basic .NET R Swift Perl C Delphi PL/SQL PHP Go Java JavaScript Objective-C Scratch Assembly C# Ruby Python Scala Dart Transact-SQL Lisp Lua Erlang D Fortran F# ML Logo ABAP Alice LabVIEW Ada Rust Clojure Hack Kotlin Apex SAS Bash Awk FoxPro Crystal VBScript Prolog Scheme COBOL Julia ) ______