Sending stuff over the net. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Sending stuff over the net.

DedicDedic Posts: 6Member
Does anyone know how I could send a file or a message over my permament internet connection to somebody whith a similar connection. He should have a program to recive it and I should have something to send it with. Right? Are there any VBA-instructions that could I could use?

Comments

• DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
    : Does anyone know how I could send a file or a message over my permament internet connection to somebody whith a similar connection. He should have a program to recive it and I should have something to send it with. Right? Are there any VBA-instructions that could I could use?
    :

Use a Winsocket control. With that one you can connect the 2 comps by entering the IP numbers and local and remote ports.

Greetz from DarQ

• HardCodedHardCoded Posts: 14Member
    : : Does anyone know how I could send a file or a message over my permament internet connection to somebody whith a similar connection. He should have a program to recive it and I should have something to send it with. Right? Are there any VBA-instructions that could I could use?
    : :
    :
    : Use a Winsocket control. With that one you can connect the 2 comps by entering the IP numbers and local and remote ports.
    :
    :
    : Greetz from DarQ
    :
    As always, DarQ is right.I would just like to add that the winsocket is an external file, ocx.The same can be made with API.More complicated, yes, but your app gets a diferent look( sort of hard coding :) ).

• DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
    : : : Does anyone know how I could send a file or a message over my permament internet connection to somebody whith a similar connection. He should have a program to recive it and I should have something to send it with. Right? Are there any VBA-instructions that could I could use?
    : : :
    : : Use a Winsocket control. With that one you can connect the 2 comps by entering the IP numbers and local and remote ports.
    : : Greetz from DarQ
    : As always, DarQ is right.I would just like to add that the winsocket is an external file, ocx.The same can be made with API.More complicated, yes, but your app gets a diferent look( sort of hard coding :) ).
    :
    :
    Ha, "As always, DarQ is right."? Thanx dude. How u know that. You read every reply I post?
    Greetz from DarQ

• HardCodedHardCoded Posts: 14Member
    : : : : Does anyone know how I could send a file or a message over my permament internet connection to somebody whith a similar connection. He should have a program to recive it and I should have something to send it with. Right? Are there any VBA-instructions that could I could use?
    : : : :
    : : : Use a Winsocket control. With that one you can connect the 2 comps by entering the IP numbers and local and remote ports.
    : : : Greetz from DarQ
    : : As always, DarQ is right.I would just like to add that the winsocket is an external file, ocx.The same can be made with API.More complicated, yes, but your app gets a diferent look( sort of hard coding :) ).
    : Ha, "As always, DarQ is right."? Thanx dude. How u know that. You read every reply I post?
    : Greetz from DarQ
    :
    lololol. I should say, I really don't know, but from the replys you make, you have done a nice work in helping and so, so, I guess theres nothing worng with being friendly, don't you?
    It seems that you know your vb, so keep on it. :-)